Switch and 1/8th Jack Nut driver

WA0ITP

While perusing the Horizon Hobby web page to fuel one of my other hobbies, I ran across the wrench below.  It is being sold as a RC Transmitter switch wrench, buit is also works perfectly for the 1/8" Jacks we have on receivers, keyers, amps, xcvrs,etc..  These are the little round nuts that seem impossible to tighten. The bars on the wrench fit into the slots on the nuts.

https://www.horizonhobby.com/spektrum-radio-switch-bezel-wrench--orange-p-spma1310

--
72 WAØITP
I love this radio stuff.

Mike D

You can also get replacement hexagonal nuts from Control:

https://www.ctrl-mod.com/collections/diy/products/hex-nuts-bag-of-50

Mike kd5rjz

On Tue, Mar 19, 2019, 3:00 PM WA0ITP <wa0itp@... wrote:
While perusing the Horizon Hobby web page to fuel one of my other hobbies, I ran across the wrench below.  It is being sold as a RC Transmitter switch wrench, buit is also works perfectly for the 1/8" Jacks we have on receivers, keyers, amps, xcvrs,etc..  These are the little round nuts that seem impossible to tighten. The bars on the wrench fit into the slots on the nuts.

https://www.horizonhobby.com/spektrum-radio-switch-bezel-wrench--orange-p-spma1310

--
72 WAØITP
I love this radio stuff.

Jim Sheldon

They're currently out of stock, but I believe a Wiha 30517 is a better deal with a nice handle on it.

Jim, W0EB

On Mar 19, 2019, at 3:00 PM, WA0ITP <wa0itp@...> wrote:

While perusing the Horizon Hobby web page to fuel one of my other hobbies, I ran across the wrench below.  It is being sold as a RC Transmitter switch wrench, buit is also works perfectly for the 1/8" Jacks we have on receivers, keyers, amps, xcvrs,etc..  These are the little round nuts that seem impossible to tighten. The bars on the wrench fit into the slots on the nuts.

https://www.horizonhobby.com/spektrum-radio-switch-bezel-wrench--orange-p-spma1310

<aeggmmcjoccplokf.png>
--
72 WAØITP
I love this radio stuff.

Dave Benson

Mouser used to sell them- not sure if they still do.

  If there's a choice of sizes, the 6mm tool is the one most of us need. (The 4mm size is intended for the 2.5mm jacks.)

73 -Dave

On Tue, Mar 19, 2019 at 4:51 PM Jim Sheldon <w0eb@...> wrote:
They're currently out of stock, but I believe a Wiha 30517 is a better deal with a nice handle on it.

Jim, W0EB

On Mar 19, 2019, at 3:00 PM, WA0ITP <wa0itp@...> wrote:

While perusing the Horizon Hobby web page to fuel one of my other hobbies, I ran across the wrench below.  It is being sold as a RC Transmitter switch wrench, buit is also works perfectly for the 1/8" Jacks we have on receivers, keyers, amps, xcvrs,etc..  These are the little round nuts that seem impossible to tighten. The bars on the wrench fit into the slots on the nuts.

https://www.horizonhobby.com/spektrum-radio-switch-bezel-wrench--orange-p-spma1310

<aeggmmcjoccplokf.png>
--
72 WAØITP
I love this radio stuff.

Tim N9PUZ

Another source of interesting and unique tools is <https://www.stewmac.com/>. They are a Luthier supplier for the most part but they have some unique and useful tools on their site.

Tim N9PUZ

On Wed, Mar 20, 2019 at 7:26 AM Dave Benson <davek1swl@...> wrote:
[...]

Nick Kennedy <kennnick@...>

Back in the 70's, owners of less expensive banjos would talk of upgrading with a Stewart-MacDonald tone ring. Never did it to my RB100 though.

Excuse the digression - couldn't resist.

Nick, WA5BDU

On Wed, Mar 20, 2019 at 7:40 AM Tim McDonough N9PUZ <tim.n9puz@...> wrote:
Another source of interesting and unique tools is <https://www.stewmac.com/>. They are a Luthier supplier for the most part but they have some unique and useful tools on their site.

Tim N9PUZ

Dave Benson

Hi Terry-

Thanks for the reference to that little 'horizonhobby' tool.  How do you use it?  I assume it slips down over a recess in the underside of the tool.   From the looks of it, it still needs some sort of slotted driver to torque the 3.5mm nut down.

Thanks- Dave, K1SWL