Topics

30 Meter Cricket

Any idea when the 30 meter Cricket may again be available?  Is there a list where a potential buyer can commit to buy one when they come back?

EuGene, KA5NLY

AG1P Ron

GM EuGene,

On our last run it took us over a year to procure one of the crystals and we incurred additional expense shipping them out to those who purchased the kits.  If memory serves me, to continue with the kit, we had to order either 1K or 5K of the crystals from the vendor and we felt selling that many kits was way out of reach.  Once the dust settles from efforts on forthcoming new kits, we can check and see if the crystal problem has resolved itself. If it hasn’t, the 4SQRP Kit Manager will have to decide whether to retire the kit.

72 - Ron - AG1P

4SQRP Volunteer Cricket 30 Cricketmaster

4SQRP Volunteer Webmaster

Any idea when the 30 meter Cricket may again be available?  Is there a list where a potential buyer can commit to buy one when they come back?

EuGene, KA5NLY

Darryl Mentro Sr.

Ron,
Have you checked with Rich Kennedy at expandedspectrumsystems.com? I’ve bought 10.106, 10.110, 10.116, 10.125, and 10.140 crystals from him for my Cricket30, and I believe he may be able to supply the reasonable quantities you need for the kits.
72/73 de Darryl K4VLP

Tom Sevart

On 1/1/2021 13:58, AG1P Ron wrote:
GM EuGene,
On our last run it took us over a year to procure one of the crystals and we incurred additional expense shipping them out to those who purchased the kits.  If memory serves me, to continue with the kit, we had to order either 1K or 5K of the crystals from the vendor and we felt selling that many kits was way out of reach.  Once the dust settles from efforts on forthcoming new kits, we can check and see if the crystal problem has resolved itself. If it hasn’t, the 4SQRP Kit Manager will have to decide whether to retire the kit.
72 - Ron - AG1P
I wonder if the kitters would be willing to sell a kit without the crystal? I have a 10.116 crystal.

--
Tom Sevart N2UHC
St. Paul, KS

Cliff Fox (KU4GW)

It's too bad one of the best sources for crystals, AF4K, Bry Carling, recently became a silent key.

Very 72/73 de Cliff KU4GW
Proud Member of the ARRL A-1 Operator Club (*Elected to Full Membership April 11, 2012
4SQRP # 536

KG6EYE Gene

AF4K.com   has a message that while ill there was planning for transition.
Need to standby and see what happens.

On Sat, Jan 2, 2021 at 8:12 AM Cliff Fox (KU4GW) <cliffku4gw@...> wrote:
It's too bad one of the best sources for crystals, AF4K, Bry Carling, recently became a silent key.

Very 72/73 de Cliff KU4GW
Proud Member of the ARRL A-1 Operator Club (*Elected to Full Membership April 11, 2012
4SQRP # 536

Ron,
 Also, Rich Kennedy (at expandedspectrum systems.com) not only sells the 10.106 & 10.110 MHz crystals (among many other frequencies) that you include with the 30 meter Cricket kits, he also sells them in bulk orders of 100 or more.  So, you don't have to spring for a thousand of them which would be far in excess of you needs for the Cricket kits.

EuGene, KA5NLY