Topics

KiCad Tutorial

davemrtn

Who is it that has good KiCad Tutorials on youtube ?

Wherever I go, there He is.
Recycle, Reuse, Re-purpose, Repair
>Professional Sports - An activity for small minds<
!! There is a reason it is called "Sports Trivia" !!

John Evans

Not on youtube and not free but cheap.  I highly recommend this course and instructor.  Sales go on periodically and right now it is dirt cheap.

https://www.udemy.com/kicad-like-a-pro-2e/

--
David Martin - NA1MH - Mountain Home, Ar.

davemrtn

Never mind, I finally stumbled onto it....

Contextual Electronics at...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PlDOnSHkX2c

On 4/18/2019 14:08, davemrtn wrote:

Who is it that has good KiCad Tutorials on youtube ?

Wherever I go, there He is.
Recycle, Reuse, Re-purpose, Repair
>Professional Sports - An activity for small minds<
!! There is a reason it is called "Sports Trivia" !!

Gwen Patton

Oh, yes, Chris! He and Dave Jones down under do the Amp Hour podcast. They're great!

On Thu, Apr 18, 2019 at 3:12 PM davemrtn <davemrtn@...> wrote:

Never mind, I finally stumbled onto it....

Contextual Electronics at...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PlDOnSHkX2c

Wherever I go, there He is.
Recycle, Reuse, Re-purpose, Repair
>Professional Sports - An activity for small minds<
!! There is a reason it is called "Sports Trivia" !!
On 4/18/2019 14:08, davemrtn wrote:

Who is it that has good KiCad Tutorials on youtube ?

Wherever I go, there He is.
Recycle, Reuse, Re-purpose, Repair
>Professional Sports - An activity for small minds<
!! There is a reason it is called "Sports Trivia" !!

--

-+-+-+-+-
Jenny Everywhere's Infinite: Quark Time

Michael N6MST

Keep in mind the Contextual Electronics tutorials are not using the latest version of KiCad, I ran into some trouble using KiCad 5 with those videos, got frustrated, haven't gotten the motivation to go back!

WØIY <barry.w0iy@...>

Look for the DigiKey videos. Shawn does a good job on those. If the date of the video is more than a year old, it  may not be accurate. The biggest change from V4 to V5 (5.1 is the latest release) is in the Libraries all moved to a different file location and names. If you have never installed V4, then a new clean install of V5 should just work with the Libs in the correct place.

Most other topics should be similar from V4 to V5.

Rumor has it there was a perfect CAD tool, but it died a long time ago in a galaxy far far away when the Empire destroyed its planet.  A single SD card may have survived. (8-)