From: Paul Smith
Sent: Friday, August 09, 2019 10:00 AM
Subject: [4SQRP] I saw a Gene Autry show

This morning i was channel surfing instead of cleaning and came across a show about Gene Autry. There was a several minute segment of the Radio Ranch Show and many scenes from Murania. Now I will research and see if I can find any more. Murania kit sales have remained good and I will have to kit again next week as my stack of boxed up ready to mail kits is growing low. have a good one all. I am talking to my sons to see if they will attend Brutus with me. until later remember to drink all your milk and say your prayers
de Paul N0NBD

Paul Smith

Hello Bob, The Murania kit is a David Cripe design. Here is a link. it is an easy build and enjoyable to use.
de Paul N0NBD

High quality, double sided, printed circuit board construction is used, with solder mask and silk screened component reference designators. A unique, construction technique is used in the Murania, called 'Pittsburg' construction, after the hometown of its inventor Joe, W0MQY.
www.4sqrp.com

Sent from Outlook

This morning i was channel surfing instead of cleaning and came across a show about Gene Autry. There was a several minute segment of the Radio Ranch Show and many scenes from Murania. Now I will research and see if I can find any more. Murania kit sales have remained good and I will have to kit again next week as my stack of boxed up ready to mail kits is growing low. have a good one all. I am talking to my sons to see if they will attend Brutus with me. until later remember to drink all your milk and say your prayers
de Paul N0NBD

Everett Catlin

The name of the 4SQRP group Murania came from the Gene Autry movie serial the "Phantom Empire" You can see all twelve of the episodes http://arcive.org. Then search "Phantom Empire". Look for the box that says episodes 1-12 and have a great time.You will find the Origin of the radio's name and where the atomic symbol on the Murania comes from. My Murania is a daily user. I listen to WSM Nashville and 1280 kcs  out of Columbia. At night I have heard WLS, Alanta and many other DX broadcast stations. If you don't have one get one you will have fun.

73
Everett Catlin N5MZX 4SQRP No. 1314

K4CEH

I have a CD here with a Roy Rogers and a Gene Autry movie.  When I was a kid we could get in the local theater
on Saturday for nine cents.  Why that price really don't know.  For your hard-earned cash you got to see a drama
film, then a Western, then a newsreel, then an adventure serial, then a cartoon -- and even the previews for upcoming
films were worth watching.  The era was the late forties.

Chuck, K4CEH
82 the next time around.