Topics

Nouveau 75 Update

nm0s_qrp <ai9e_qrp@...>

Thanks to all for patience as we work to provide the fix for the Nouveau 75 distortion problem.  I have a retrofit design of a drop-in board to replace the TA7642 that has shown great results in preliminary testing.  I have received parts and PCBs, and after thorough testing and documentation, will send these to those who have purchased kits, and include these in the remaining kits from this first production lot.  Expect first boards to ship in about a week.

73 Dave NM0S

David Walker

Thanks, Dave! I really enjoy building 4SQRP kits and appreciate all the support.

73 AA9UC

Dwayne R <masterdr@...>

I do not know about others, but I am assuming it is using the same
3 holes the IC unit is working. . .Thus, it seems like this same
board may be a great benefit for those who may want to try
it on the Murania AM receiver.

I am only guessing here. If I am right, I wouldn't mind purchasing
one to install on my Murania.

Dwayne

On Friday, August 30, 2019, 8:56:47 AM CDT, nm0s_qrp via Groups.Io <ai9e_qrp@...> wrote:

Thanks to all for patience as we work to provide the fix for the Nouveau 75 distortion problem.  I have a retrofit design of a drop-in board to replace the TA7642 that has shown great results in preliminary testing.  I have received parts and PCBs, and after thorough testing and documentation, will send these to those who have purchased kits, and include these in the remaining kits from this first production lot.  Expect first boards to ship in about a week.

73 Dave NM0S

Neil Goldstein

I agree. I'd also love to see what it does for the Murania.

Neil G, W2NDG

Charles W. Powell

So Dave, I have my Nouveau 75 sitting at home, as yet unbuilt.  What do I need to do or know?  I have some time still before I get back to Kansas City but I’d rather not undo anything but rather fix it in the first place.

73,

Chas - NK8O