nouveau 75

KM6KJE

Hi, joe I have recently built the nouveau 75 and I have installed the new board you sent me. it seems like it needs a fine tune adjustment but that's what I am writing about it's that when I use the tuner and go up in frequency I lose wattage is that normal at about 3.806 to 3.820 it reads 5 watts on the wattmeter (I am using a Dosy watt meter) when I put it at say 3.900 MHz I get about 3.5 watts is that normally and if not what may be wrong thanks terry KM6KJE

nm0s_qrp <ai9e_qrp@...>

It should be flatter than this, but given the tolerance errors that can creep in to hand-wound toroids, it's probably not too abnormal.

KM6KJE

should I rewind them

On Tuesday, October 15, 2019, 11:33:21 AM PDT, nm0s_qrp via Groups.Io <ai9e_qrp@...> wrote:

It should be flatter than this, but given the tolerance errors that can creep in to hand-wound toroids, it's probably not too abnormal.

KM6KJE

Hi I have one more question to ask and that is what gauge wire is used for the toroids T50-2 and T50-6. Kit Nouveau 75, is it #22 gauge magnet wire?
thanks, terry

On Tuesday, October 15, 2019, 11:51:02 AM PDT, KM6KJE <terry.schulz@...> wrote:

should I rewind them

On Tuesday, October 15, 2019, 11:33:21 AM PDT, nm0s_qrp via Groups.Io <ai9e_qrp@...> wrote:

It should be flatter than this, but given the tolerance errors that can creep in to hand-wound toroids, it's probably not too abnormal.

Paul AI4EE

The kit comes with 12 inches of 22 AWG stranded and 6 feet of 22 AWG magnet wire, per the bill of materials.

On 10/15/2019 7:34 PM, KM6KJE wrote:
Hi I have one more question to ask and that is what gauge wire is used for the toroids T50-2 and T50-6. Kit Nouveau 75, is it #22 gauge magnet wire?
thanks, terry
On Tuesday, October 15, 2019, 11:51:02 AM PDT, KM6KJE <terry.schulz@...> wrote:

should I rewind them

On Tuesday, October 15, 2019, 11:33:21 AM PDT, nm0s_qrp via Groups.Io <ai9e_qrp@...> wrote:

It should be flatter than this, but given the tolerance errors that can creep in to hand-wound toroids, it's probably not too abnormal.

KM6KJE

thank you, Dennis, I have one other question and that is I was sent a module and I built it and installed it but the reception is still bad it sounds like it is out of frequency I know on my big rig icom 7300 I can tune the fine tunning rit to get the voice clear so the only adjustment would be to fool around with the toroids on the nouveau and I did that buy squeezing up the windings to see if I got  a different frequency but there is no bfo and I know it is a am radio the only thing that happens is that I lost wattage around 3900 MHz it was about 2 1/2 watts on my meter with dummy load and at 3803 I was at 5 watts so I am lost? how do I clear up the received voice
thanks, terry 73