Topics

SSS Results

John Lonigro

Well, the October Second Sunday Sprint results are in.  Carl, WB0CFF, reclaimed 1st place for the year, now surpassing Chas, W2SH, by 9 QSO points.  Carl has 142 points and Chas has 133.  Besides not participating last month, Chas also earned 10 fewer QSO points than Carl.  The combination put Chas in 2nd place overall.  With two months to go, either of these gentleman has a chance to win the coveted 4SQRP SSS annual 1st place certificate.  Maybe I'm exaggerating a bit by saying the certificate is "coveted", but I'm sure either would prefer that to a 2nd place certificate.  It looks like those are the only choices for them.  Nick, WB5BKL, with 97 points, is in a good position to finish third, but it would take quite an effort to take either 1st or 2nd place.  And John, K4BAI, with 81 points, still has a chance to catch Nick in the final two months.

For October, Carl, WB0CFF, finished first.  His certificate will be emailed to him shortly.

Also, welcome back to John, AL7JK.  According to my records, John had participated in the SSS in the past, but this is the first time for him in 2019.  John ended up with 0 QSO points, but was heard by a couple JA stations during a JA-only contest.  Pretty good for 5 Watts!

72 Until next month,

John, AA0VE
4SQRP Contest Coordinator