40 and 80 Meter CW net report

Johnny AC0BQ

Ge Group
Very nice band condx. for the nets tonight.
My signal levels were better tonight!
Check in's were:
 40 Meters
KL7IXI MIKE
NK80 CHAS
WB4CTS STEVE /M?
N4DR MARC
N4ELM DAVE
KD4JS JOHN
W3SH CHAS
N4MJ GLENN
WI5H CURT
N2WBJ RICHARD

40 mETERS
NK8O CHAS
N0YJ BERT
WA0ITP TERRY
KD0WF JIM
N4DR MARC
K7RMJ FRANK
K4EQ DALE
W2SH CHAS
KL7IXI MIKE
KW4JS JOHN
WN0WWY DALE
K9ZTV KENT

Again, very good signals tonight.
Thanks everyone 72

JOHNNY AC0BQ  ..

Dave Redfearn

Johnny,

Good signals tonight on 80 & 40 Meters.
Last Saturday a group got together and helped me swap out a rotatable dipole to a 40 meter 2 element beam on my tower.
At the same time, I also hung a new 80 meter dipole that had been torn up by a hurricane about 2 years ago. It is about 20 feet higher than the temp dipole I had jury rigged after the storm.
So I have 2 new antennas to play with, at least until the next hurricane :-)

73 - Dave, N4ELM

Johnny AC0BQ

Hey Dave
The new beam was kicking butt! It was doing great.
WHen the magic bunny arrives at my house I'm gonna get me a stepp IR and put on the top of my old tower.
Sure glad you didnt get whacked by the Tornadoes!

On Wed, Mar 23, 2022 at 9:21 PM Dave Redfearn <n4elm@...> wrote:
Johnny,

Good signals tonight on 80 & 40 Meters.
Last Saturday a group got together and helped me swap out a rotatable dipole to a 40 meter 2 element beam on my tower.
At the same time, I also hung a new 80 meter dipole that had been torn up by a hurricane about 2 years ago. It is about 20 feet higher than the temp dipole I had jury rigged after the storm.
So I have 2 new antennas to play with, at least until the next hurricane :-)

73 - Dave, N4ELM

Johnny AC0BQ

Well
I guess the second list should have been 80 meters?
Fat fingers or a cluttered mind?
72
Johnny
Hope to cu in Branson

Check out the 4SQRP website at 4sqrp.com

WB5CTS/M "Hutch"

Hello Johnny and the Gang !
It was great to check-in to the Net from Fort Worth, TX. I'm visiting my daughter and her family this week and was pleasantly surprised with good band conditions.
72, Steve WB5CTS/M      5w + Hamstick + Tahoe

Johnny AC0BQ

Gm Steve
Good to have your check in.
I thought I had heard your call before the net with a /M in front of it!
Good job.
72
Johnny ACØBQ

Check out the 4SQRP website at 4sqrp.com

Johnny AC0BQ

Sorry Karl
My scratch list was messy.
I will add you to the list.
72
Johnny

Check out the 4SQRP website at 4sqrp.com

Check out the 4SQRP website at 4sqrp.com

Jim Linsenbardt

Hello to Johnny and All!

My QTH is Columbia, MO.  For the first 10 minutes or so of the 40m net, your signal was nearly 599!  About that time, though, it dropped like a rock, down into the mud, to where I could just barely hear you. [I'm guessing the band picked that time to go long!]

Fortunately, 80m was kinder to me and I was able to make contact on that net!

Take care and 72's!

Jim
KD0WF

Johnny AC0BQ

Gm Group
I am sorry but I missed some check in's on my list.
THe additions were
N5IXA Randy
KO8S KARL
WA4GIR JOE
AND
AL4JA BOBBY

Sorry about that, sloppy notes!
72
johnny AC0BQ

On Wed, Mar 23, 2022 at 9:15 PM Johnny AC0BQ via groups.io <jomatlock=gmail.com@groups.io> wrote:
[...]

Bobby Drummond

You had a bona fide net pile up last night, Johnny.

I (and others) had a difficult time "bustin through the pileup" to get through.  If it happens again, you may have to do what DXpeditioners do:  go to split frequencies!

Thanks for the excellent, dependable job you do with the net/s.

73 de Bobby D -  AK4JA    4State member #:  360

On Thu, Mar 24, 2022 at 10:41 AM Johnny AC0BQ <jomatlock@...> wrote:
[...]

73 de AK4JA

Johnny AC0BQ

Gm Bobby
Yes I did, and I am not an avid contester. I was trying to pick off the louder stations with rit, that
helped some. It's been a while since the bands were good enough to support a pile up!
If some of the callers would move off of zero beat it would help, kinda like the fox QRP fox hunts.

On Thu, Mar 24, 2022 at 10:32 AM Bobby Drummond <alphak4ja@...> wrote:
[...]

First time I heard Johnny that good here in M in quite a while and I was able to check in.  The ultimate would be to do it with my Cricket!  Karl/KO8S.

On Thu, Mar 24, 2022, 11:36 AM Johnny AC0BQ <jomatlock@...> wrote:
[...]

Kent Trimble, K9ZTV

The other sensible tactic is to wait a bit.  He's there for a full thirty minutes.  There is no reason why Johnny should have to work 12 stations in the first 3 minutes.

Be patient and wait until the crowd thins.  He's not rare DX.

I called him at 8:57 p.m. when no one else did.  Very pleasant for both of us.

72/73,

Kent  K9ZTV

On 3/24/2022 10:34 AM, Johnny AC0BQ wrote:
I am not an avid contester. I was trying to pick off the louder stations with rit, that
helped some. It's been a while since the bands were good enough to support a pile up!
If some of the callers would move off of zero beat it would help, kinda like the fox QRP fox hunts.

Richard Kimmerling LICW # 890 SKCC # 23774

Thanks for the net last night & your patience with a rookie…. First CW net check in on my first qrp build (Hilltopper). I was as excited as a child on Christmas Day!!
I closed the night with a FB QSO with Bobby…..

Thanks guys,I’m hooked : )

‘72
Rich
N2WBJ

On Mar 24, 2022, at 12:47 PM, Kent Trimble, K9ZTV <k9ztv@...> wrote:

 The other sensible tactic is to wait a bit.  He's there for a full thirty minutes.  There is no reason why Johnny should have to work 12 stations in the first 3 minutes.

Be patient and wait until the crowd thins.  He's not rare DX.

I called him at 8:57 p.m. when no one else did.  Very pleasant for both of us.

72/73,

Kent  K9ZTV

On 3/24/2022 10:34 AM, Johnny AC0BQ wrote:
I am not an avid contester. I was trying to pick off the louder stations with rit, that
helped some. It's been a while since the bands were good enough to support a pile up!
If some of the callers would move off of zero beat it would help, kinda like the fox QRP fox hunts.

n4mj

Good point Kent.  I waited til the end on 80m. Heard you work Johnny. Waited a couple of seconds before calling him to see if anyone else would call.........alas, he had pulled the plug. hi hi

For sure patience is not most ham's best virtue.

73 de n4mj//glenn

  Thank you!