Topics

40 and 80 Meter CW Nets

Johnny Matlock

Ge group
40 meters was a wash out.
No stations heard.

80 meters started off better, and then my QRM pulse jumped up to S8 and that took care of me hearing anyone else.
Its a pulse that will jump up to S8 for a period of time, then stop, then come back again.

Check In's were:
Paul WA9PWP
and
Glenn N4MJ.
I think I heard Chas W2SH trying to get in, but my QRM was over powering him.

72
Thanks for trying.

QRP....."More smiles per Watt"
72
JOHNNY AC0BQ  ..

w2sh@...

Nothing heard on 40m.  On 80m WA9PWP was 569; N4MJ was 559 at best but suffered deep QSB.

ACØBQ was 339.  I dropped my call only twice.  Good ears, Johnny.

72,

Charles (aka Chas), W2SH

--
Charles Moizeau, W2SH

Tim N9PUZ

I was able to try the 40M net tonight but heard nothing at all.

Tim N9PUZ

On Wed, Feb 12, 2020, 9:00 PM Johnny Matlock <jomatlock@...> wrote:
Ge group
40 meters was a wash out.
No stations heard.

80 meters started off better, and then my QRM pulse jumped up to S8 and that took care of me hearing anyone else.
Its a pulse that will jump up to S8 for a period of time, then stop, then come back again.

Check In's were:
Paul WA9PWP
and
Glenn N4MJ.
I think I heard Chas W2SH trying to get in, but my QRM was over powering him.

72
Thanks for trying.

QRP....."More smiles per Watt"
72
JOHNNY AC0BQ  ..

John - KK4ITX

I was on 40m until the 80m net, heard 2 single “CQs” and then silence, kinda like letting the air out of a balloon.  80m here was S8, ESP heard some parts not much else.

Sooner or later we’ll make it from Florida !

72,

John
KK4ITX

Visit:  www.zaarc.org.   👁