40 and 80 meter net

Johnny AC0BQ

Ge Group
Nice turn out on the net.
40 Meters was unusual sounding, but the signals were still bouncing around, mostly from the SE part of the US. (LA)!

Check in's were
40 Meters
K0FHG
N4ELM
N4MJ
KD4MSR
KK4ITX First time in ! welcome John
WI5H
80 METERS
KD4MSR * double
NOYJ
N4MJ * DOUBLE
WA0ITP
WAOPWE
K5EST Long time no hear!
N4ELM * DOUBLE
K0FHG  * DOUBLE

Thanks guys, bands are trying to get better!

John - KK4ITX

Well ! It’s been a long time (last Checked in on 11/28/2019) on 40m and it was a sloppy mess at that.  Johnny was coming in at S1 and less, mostly ESP on my end anyway, but at least there were Call Signs exchanged.  I am going to add another 30ft of wire and see if that helps.

80m as usual was noisy @ S7-S9 so I just shut down.

Thanks for picking me me up Johnny.

72,

John
KK4ITX
Zephyrhills, Florida

Visit:  www.zaarc.org.   👁

On Dec 9, 2020, at 22:03, Johnny AC0BQ <jomatlock@...> wrote:

Ge Group
Nice turn out on the net.
40 Meters was unusual sounding, but the signals were still bouncing around, mostly from the SE part of the US. (LA)!

Check in's were
40 Meters
K0FHG
N4ELM
N4MJ
KD4MSR
KK4ITX First time in ! welcome John
WI5H
80 METERS
KD4MSR * double
NOYJ
N4MJ * DOUBLE
WA0ITP
WAOPWE
K5EST Long time no hear!
N4ELM * DOUBLE
K0FHG  * DOUBLE

Thanks guys, bands are trying to get better!

Good to hear you John
Yes, signals were a little thin, but we got it done.
72
Johnny

Check out the 4SQRP website at 4sqrp.com

Paul Goemans

Hello all,
  Missed nets last night as I was watching a live streamed music performance (Jeff Daniels) with friend. It’s 2020!
WA9PWP

Sent from Pauls iPhone

On Dec 9, 2020, at 9:04 PM, Johnny AC0BQ <jomatlock@...> wrote:

Ge Group
Nice turn out on the net.
40 Meters was unusual sounding, but the signals were still bouncing around, mostly from the SE part of the US. (LA)!

Check in's were
40 Meters
K0FHG
N4ELM
N4MJ
KD4MSR
KK4ITX First time in ! welcome John
WI5H
80 METERS
KD4MSR * double
NOYJ
N4MJ * DOUBLE
WA0ITP
WAOPWE
K5EST Long time no hear!
N4ELM * DOUBLE
K0FHG  * DOUBLE

Thanks guys, bands are trying to get better!

Hello Paul
You didn’t miss much on 40, the band was strange.
80 meters was better.
72
Johnny

Check out the 4SQRP website at 4sqrp.com

Walter - K5EST

Tried QNI on 40 mtrs but the band was unforgiving. 80 mtrs was much better with propagation running NW to SE from the Eastern Missouri area. Heard Terry - WA0ITP and KK4ITX better than anyone.

That's ok, running 5 watts can still make contacts!

73,

Walter Dufrain - K5EST - QRPcw
https://www.qrz.com/db/k5est

On Wed, Dec 9, 2020, 21:04 Johnny AC0BQ <jomatlock@...> wrote:
Ge Group
Nice turn out on the net.
40 Meters was unusual sounding, but the signals were still bouncing around, mostly from the SE part of the US. (LA)!

Check in's were
40 Meters
K0FHG
N4ELM
N4MJ
KD4MSR
KK4ITX First time in ! welcome John
WI5H
80 METERS
KD4MSR * double
NOYJ
N4MJ * DOUBLE
WA0ITP
WAOPWE
K5EST Long time no hear!
N4ELM * DOUBLE
K0FHG  * DOUBLE

Thanks guys, bands are trying to get better!

Tom Sevart

On 12/9/2020 21:03, Johnny AC0BQ wrote:
Ge Group
Nice turn out on the net.
40 Meters was unusual sounding, but the signals were still bouncing around, mostly from the SE part of the US. (LA)!
I listened out on 40 since I tuned my radio's crystal right on 7122 but couldn't hear anyone on the net. I'll try to get on next week.

--
Tom Sevart N2UHC
St. Paul, KS

Hello Walter
Good to hear u on the air.
My copy was thin but I got you!

I thought at first your were K5ese,
he checks in now and then.
72
Johnny

Check out the 4SQRP website at 4sqrp.com

Jim Linsenbardt

I listened at 7.122 and couldn't hear anyone.

Jim
KD0WF
Columbia, MO

Check out the 4SQRP website at 4sqrp.com