40 AND 80 Meter Net report


Johnny AC0BQ
 

Ge All 
Tough bands conditions tonight. 
On top of all the QRN the QSB was horrible on 40 and we had another net move in almost on top of me on 80 Meters. 
Well other than all of this it was FUN! 

CHECK IN'S WERE 
 40 METERS 
N4DR MARC QRO 
NOYJ BERT 
KO8S/4 KARL 
KK4ITX JOHN Partial QSB 

80 meters 
N4MJ GLENN 
NOYJ BERT 
KE4JS JOHN 
WAOITP TERRY 
WA9SWW STEVE 
Thanks everyone, Stay Warm, It's bitter cold here in the midwest. 
72, 73 
Johnny AC0BQ


--
QRP....."More smiles per Watt"
72
JOHNNY AC0BQ  ..



John - KK4ITX
 

Yep, it was rough.  It reminded me of my kid brother playing with the volume control on our AM radio.  I heard you come back to me on 40m but between local noise and QSB my opportunity faded quickly !

80m was quiet but had some traffic hear and there, heard K4BAI so maybe there’s hope .

See you next week, one day I may be able to check in with my BJ.

John
KK4ITX 


Visit:  www.zaarc.org.   👁

On Feb 10, 2021, at 22:01, Johnny AC0BQ <jomatlock@...> wrote:

Ge All 
Tough bands conditions tonight. 
On top of all the QRN the QSB was horrible on 40 and we had another net move in almost on top of me on 80 Meters. 
Well other than all of this it was FUN! 

CHECK IN'S WERE 
 40 METERS 
N4DR MARC QRO 
NOYJ BERT 
KO8S/4 KARL 
KK4ITX JOHN Partial QSB 

80 meters 
N4MJ GLENN 
NOYJ BERT 
KE4JS JOHN 
WAOITP TERRY 
WA9SWW STEVE 
Thanks everyone, Stay Warm, It's bitter cold here in the midwest. 
72, 73 
Johnny AC0BQ


--
QRP....."More smiles per Watt"
72
JOHNNY AC0BQ  ..



Charles W. Powell
 

Nothing in Louisburg except the "DX" stations.

Chas - NK8O

On 2/10/21 9:01 PM, Johnny AC0BQ wrote:
Ge All 
Tough bands conditions tonight. 
On top of all the QRN the QSB was horrible on 40 and we had another net move in almost on top of me on 80 Meters. 
Well other than all of this it was FUN! 

CHECK IN'S WERE 
 40 METERS 
N4DR MARC QRO 
NOYJ BERT 
KO8S/4 KARL 
KK4ITX JOHN Partial QSB 

80 meters 
N4MJ GLENN 
NOYJ BERT 
KE4JS JOHN 
WAOITP TERRY 
WA9SWW STEVE 
Thanks everyone, Stay Warm, It's bitter cold here in the midwest. 
72, 73 
Johnny AC0BQ


--
QRP....."More smiles per Watt"
72
JOHNNY AC0BQ  ..



Johnny AC0BQ
 

Gm Group
Yes, the band was Loooong on 40 meters. Solid hop was the DC, MD Area.
72
Johnny ACØBQ 

On Thu, Feb 11, 2021 at 1:23 AM Charles W. Powell via groups.io <doctorcwp=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:

Nothing in Louisburg except the "DX" stations.

Chas - NK8O

On 2/10/21 9:01 PM, Johnny AC0BQ wrote:
Ge All 
Tough bands conditions tonight. 
On top of all the QRN the QSB was horrible on 40 and we had another net move in almost on top of me on 80 Meters. 
Well other than all of this it was FUN! 

CHECK IN'S WERE 
 40 METERS 
N4DR MARC QRO 
NOYJ BERT 
KO8S/4 KARL 
KK4ITX JOHN Partial QSB 

80 meters 
N4MJ GLENN 
NOYJ BERT 
KE4JS JOHN 
WAOITP TERRY 
WA9SWW STEVE 
Thanks everyone, Stay Warm, It's bitter cold here in the midwest. 
72, 73 
Johnny AC0BQ


--
QRP....."More smiles per Watt"
72
JOHNNY AC0BQ  ..


--
Check out the 4SQRP website at 4sqrp.com


N4DR
 

 AC0BQ on 40 meters was 57 to 58 here in Rockville, MD. I am just outside of Washington, DC.
 That is the strongest that I have ever heard any NCS of the 4S net! I probably could have gone
QRP, but usually QRP from here to the Midwest is sketchy, at best, at that time of day. Nothing heard 
on 80 Meters.

73,

Marc N4DR


Matthew Halsey
 

I heard nothing in Damascus, MD!  strange.

Matt

On Feb 11, 2021, at 10:59 AM, N4DR <mapn4dr@...> wrote:

 AC0BQ on 40 meters was 57 to 58 here in Rockville, MD. I am just outside of Washington, DC.
 That is the strongest that I have ever heard any NCS of the 4S net! I probably could have gone
QRP, but usually QRP from here to the Midwest is sketchy, at best, at that time of day. Nothing heard 
on 80 Meters.

73,

Marc N4DR


Jim, N5IB
 

Marc, just before the 40m net started I heard you apparently in QSO. Nice 569 signal in the Bayou Jumper Rx.
Didn't hear the other station , and didn't hear a peep from anyone during the net time.

Jim, N5IB


Johnny AC0BQ
 

Gm Jim 
I switched back and forth between 122 and 120.
I also rocked RIT up and down listening for Rock Bound Bayou jumpers.
I caught Bert briefly at 121.8 or so,
Never heard a peep from you.

The band reports say that better times are ahead of us!

I’m ready.
72
Johnny ACØBQ 

On Thu, Feb 11, 2021 at 11:27 AM Jim, N5IB <n5ib@...> wrote:
Marc, just before the 40m net started I heard you apparently in QSO. Nice 569 signal in the Bayou Jumper Rx.
Didn't hear the other station , and didn't hear a peep from anyone during the net time.

Jim, N5IB





--
Check out the 4SQRP website at 4sqrp.com


w2sh@...
 

I heard Johnny at 559 when he opened up with his first QNI, and I answered.  No luck. I repeated the same in response to his second call-up.  Again no luck.  Went QRT. 

I probably should have given 80m a try, for it had been long the previous night when I QSO'd CO and MN during NAQCC's monthly sprint.  Instead I went back upstairs to resume a board game with my wife (oh, I won).

72,

Charles (aka Chas), W2SH


From: main@4SQRP.groups.io <main@4SQRP.groups.io> on behalf of Johnny AC0BQ <jomatlock@...>
Sent: Wednesday, February 10, 2021 22:01
To: 4sqrpio <4SQRP@groups.io>
Subject: [4SQRP] 40 AND 80 Meter Net report
 
Ge All 
Tough bands conditions tonight. 
On top of all the QRN the QSB was horrible on 40 and we had another net move in almost on top of me on 80 Meters. 
Well other than all of this it was FUN! 

CHECK IN'S WERE 
 40 METERS 
N4DR MARC QRO 
NOYJ BERT 
KO8S/4 KARL 
KK4ITX JOHN Partial QSB 

80 meters 
N4MJ GLENN 
NOYJ BERT 
KE4JS JOHN 
WAOITP TERRY 
WA9SWW STEVE 
Thanks everyone, Stay Warm, It's bitter cold here in the midwest. 
72, 73 
Johnny AC0BQ


--
QRP....."More smiles per Watt"
72
JOHNNY AC0BQ  ..



--
Charles Moizeau, W2SH