40 and 80 Meter Net report

Johnny AC0BQ

Ge all.
THe stinking Qsb was back haunting us on 40 Meters.
It seems as soon as I let up on a reply the caller would be gone.
We had a little competition from the NA sprint but it wasnt too bad, they scooted over a little!

Check in's were:
40 Meters
N5IB JIM
WA4GIR JOE
N4ELM DAVE
AA4W RICK
AD7GR ED

80 METERS

WA0ITP TERRY
N4MJ GLENN
N0YJ BERT
N4ELM DAVE
AA4W RICK DOUBLE
WA4GIR JOE DOUBLE

Stay warm everyone,
it's headed for about 5 degrees here tonight, brrr.

JOHNNY AC0BQ  ..

N0KNS

what's wrong with 'NA sprint'?  A contact's a contact

--
N0KNS

Paul Goemans

Well,
  No trace of NCS on 40 meters last night. Then when waiting for and looking for NCS on 80 meters I worked 5 NAQCC Sprint stations.

Paul Goemans WA9PWP
Stoughton, WI

[...]

Gm Paul and the group.
I think I was having transmitter issues
last night.
I traded for a little kit built MCHF radio and it seems to have started transmitting intermittently.

I switch over to the k3 and tried to finish the net.

I hope to have better luck next week.
72
Johnny ACØBQ

Check out the 4SQRP website at 4sqrp.com

Jim, N5IB

I thought something might be afoot... You were a solid 579 on 40m when you called up the net and I checked in, but by the time you'd acknowledged me you'd faded to zero.
I could hear another couple of stations calling, so I knew my antenna hadn't fallen down LOL

Jim, N5IB

n4mj

In the FWIW column - I was working the NAQCC Sprint from 0130Z to 0330Z last night. I managed to check in to the 4S net on 80m with some QSB/QRN but not too bad.

As a comparison Tuesday night's Fox Hunt 40 m was devoid of east coast contacts during the hunt; same last Tuesday evening's Fox Hunt.  Last night during the NAQCC Sprint all I heard on 40m and 80m was east coast stations.  The farthest west I heard/worked was WI and MI, both on 80m late in the Sprint. See list below.
40 0133 KA2KGP NY
40 0137 WB4OMM FL
40 0140 W2JAZ NJ
40 0144 NC1A NJ
40 0146 KN1H NH
40 0149 W2SH NJ
40 0150 KE3V PA
40 0157 K2CWM NJ
40 0159 WB2LQF NY
40 0200 NX1K MA
40 0202 K2OID NY
40 0203 K1YAN MA
40 0206 KN2G NY
40 0207 W1AU CT
40 0211 WA2FBN NY
40 0213 NQ2W NY
80 0223 KC5F NC
80 0226 WA9PWP WI
80 0229 NN9K IL
80 0237 K4JPN GA
80 0241 K4KBL GA
80 0244 KC3MIO PA
80 0251 WB9HFK IL
80 0253 WA2NYY NY
80 0256 W8GG MI
80 0300  KD0V MN
80 0312 AA2MX NC
80 0316 AB8RL WV
80 0321 K4NE VA
80 0326 KI8JY OH

Propagation is messing with our minds. HI HI

73 de n4mj//glenn

  Thank you!