40 AND 80 METER NET REPORT

Johnny AC0BQ

Ge Group
The signals on 40 Meters started out pretty strong then faded quickly.
The signals on 80 Meters were good at the beginning and then the qrn came up on my end.

This is  the Net report for tonight.
40 Meters:
N4MJ GLENN
WA9PWP PAUL
W5GNB GARY
N5IB JIM
W2SH CHAS
AA4K JAMIE
WI5H MIKE
N4ELM DAVE
WC1N BOB?
K7ULM DICK

80 mMETERS
NK8O CHAS
WA9PWP PAUL
N0YJ BERT
N4ELM DAVE
KL7IXI MIKE
KG5UK BRAD
KA5TQR STEVE
W5GNB GARY
K9ZTV KENT
W2SH CHAS

Thanks Everyone

JOHNNY AC0BQ  ..

WA0ITP

I couldn't hear you Johnny, sri. Mebbee next week  72.

On Wed, Mar 9, 2022 at 9:20 PM Johnny AC0BQ <jomatlock@...> wrote:
[...]

Ok Terry
80 must have been long tonight?
72
Johnny

Check out the 4SQRP website at 4sqrp.com

Johnny AC0BQ

I have a correction to make.
I missed N4MJ Glenn on the 80 meter list.
Sorry Glenn
72
Johnny ACØBQ

Check out the 4SQRP website at 4sqrp.com

Paul Goemans

Wow,
  Best signal from Johnny on 40 meters in months! Poorer signals on 80 meters with NZ0T blasting in here, working NRR just below the net, thanks for moving up a bit!

WA9PWP

Sent from Pauls iPhone

On Mar 9, 2022, at 9:20 PM, Johnny AC0BQ <jomatlock@...> wrote:

[...]

n4mj

Agree Paul. Johnny's sigs on 40m last night were the best ever here, 599 and at brief times +. We exchanged reports then immediately following that he disappeared for a few seconds. After that his sigs were more like 349 and up to 569 from time to time. Crazy prop.

You were 589 here with some QSB.

80m was, as you mentioned, less favorable.  I usually have better luck with Johnny on 80m. Different story with Bert - have yet to have him hear me unless I go QRO on either band.

Yes, NZ0T was banging in before and during the net. Calling for NRR, whatever that is.

73 de n4mj//glenn

  Thank you!

On Thursday, March 10, 2022, 09:34:33 AM CST, Paul Goemans <wa9pwp@...> wrote:

[...]

Gm Paul
Yes, he was thumping me even with the Elecraft Filters on!
I thought you guys would find me.

On Thu, Mar 10, 2022 at 9:41 AM Paul Goemans <wa9pwp@...> wrote:
[...]

Sorry,
  I violated one of my pet peeves, using abbreviations that are not universal. NRR is Novice Rig Roundup which is running for a week+. It is not affiliated with the ARRL’s old “Novice Roundup.” Use “novice class” rigs, scored in several classes. Participants have to sign up ahead of time on the website and scoring then becomes automatic when stations submit their scores. Non-NRR stations do contribute to scoring, so work ‘em if you hear them! Fun to hear old chirpy Viking Adventurers, etc. A LOT of Drake gear is heard.

Paul Goemans WA9PWP
Stoughton, WI

Agree Paul. Johnny's sigs on 40m last night were the best ever here, 599 and at brief times +. We exchanged reports then immediately following that he disappeared for a few seconds. After that his sigs were more like 349 and up to 569 from time to time. Crazy prop.

You were 589 here with some QSB.

80m was, as you mentioned, less favorable.  I usually have better luck with Johnny on 80m. Different story with Bert - have yet to have him hear me unless I go QRO on either band.

Yes, NZ0T was banging in before and during the net. Calling for NRR, whatever that is.

73 de n4mj//glenn

PLEASE REMOVE all email addresses before you send it on and use BCC option when forwarding"