40 and 80 Meter Net report

Johnny AC0BQ

Sorry for the delay, better late than never?

40 Meter signals were all fairly strong and the Qrn level was better than the past weeks.
80 Meters was another story, signals were weak, and  the band was heavy with QRN and QSB.
I guess the daylight savings 1 hour shift may have something to do with this?
Check in's were:
40 METERS
N4ELM DAVE
AD0YM MIKE
WA9PWP PAUL
AB9BZ DAVID
K7RMJ FRANK *New Check in Welcome Frank
N4DR MARC

80 METERS
K7RMJ FRANK
N0YJ BERT
N4ELM DAVE
WD4CFN STEVE
WA9PWP PAUL
N4DR MARC
NK8O CHAS
WN0WWY DALE
WA0ITP TERRY
KL7IXI MIKE
AD0YM MIKE

Thanks everyone, sorry for the late start on 40 Meters

JOHNNY AC0BQ  ..

Paul Goemans

Johnny,
  While waiting for the 40 meter net, I answered a CQ down a couple of KHz from N0YMA in Warroad (far Northern) MN.
  What rig are you using on 80 meters? It seems to drift a bit. Unless you are tuning around a bit?

Paul Goemans WA9PWP
Stoughton, WI

[...]

GM Paul
I was running my K3 and the drift may have been my fault.
I was trying to activate the Rit so I could get off of zero beat on the pile up, and I think I kicked on the XIT instead.
All I could hear at first was a blurr of signals.
You have to remember I am not a avid contester so pile ups isn't onr of my strengths!
72
Johnny