Tough night for a net!
I had cw qrm on both 40 and 80 meters.
I also had strong digital at 7.122!

Oh well,
Here are the check in's for tonight.

40 Meters
N4KV JOHN
WI5H MIKE
N9EGT First time on CW net? Welcome Wayne

80 Meters
N4ELM DAVE
N0YJ BERT
WA0ITP TERRY
WB5CT? I COULDN'T GET ALL OF THE CALL?
NK80 CHARLES
WN0WWY DALE
WB0CFF CARL
N4KV JOHN, in between qsb!

Thanks everyone,

Jerry Pereira <digilink@...>

I listened here in GA but no copy. Maybe next time ...
Jerry - K4KBL

On Wed, Oct 14, 2020 at 10:00 PM Johnny AC0BQ <jomatlock@...> wrote:
Ge group
Tough night for a net!
I had cw qrm on both 40 and 80 meters.
I also had strong digital at 7.122!

Oh well,
Here are the check in's for tonight.

40 Meters
N4KV JOHN
WI5H MIKE
N9EGT First time on CW net? Welcome Wayne

80 Meters
N4ELM DAVE
N0YJ BERT
WA0ITP TERRY
WB5CT? I COULDN'T GET ALL OF THE CALL?
NK80 CHARLES
WN0WWY DALE
WB0CFF CARL
N4KV JOHN, in between qsb!

Thanks everyone,

Dave Redfearn

Johnny,

Delta took out my 80 Meter inverted vee and twisted the 40 Meter loaded dipole around a bit on the mast with the tribander.
I'm still not really able to climb much yet, so I used a 30 ft Jacktite pole to push a fishing line through the tower.
Then pulled a rope & pully up 30 feet and used that to pull up a 80/40/30 double dipole that is part of my go-kit.
That's the antenna I was using tonight and was getting concerned when I was not hearing the net on 40 Meters but you and Bert were very strong on 80 tonight.
I think I also heard N4KV.
The rig tonight was a MTR4B running about 3 watts to the temporary antenna.

73 - Dave, N4ELM

Wayne Steury

Johnny, I was excited to check in the net tonight on 40 m. I was using my HB1B 5 watt QRP with an inverted V antenna up about 18 feet. You sounded very good here in Western Colorado. It has been maybe several years since I checked in but I am a member of the club. Thanks for slowing down so I could copy.

73’s N9egt

Wayne Steury IPhone

On Oct 14, 2020, at 8:55 PM, Dave Redfearn <n4elm@...> wrote:

Johnny,

Delta took out my 80 Meter inverted vee and twisted the 40 Meter loaded dipole around a bit on the mast with the tribander.
I'm still not really able to climb much yet, so I used a 30 ft Jacktite pole to push a fishing line through the tower.
Then pulled a rope & pully up 30 feet and used that to pull up a 80/40/30 double dipole that is part of my go-kit.
That's the antenna I was using tonight and was getting concerned when I was not hearing the net on 40 Meters but you and Bert were very strong on 80 tonight.
I think I also heard N4KV.
The rig tonight was a MTR4B running about 3 watts to the temporary antenna.

73 - Dave, N4ELM

Johnny AC0BQ

Alright Dave
Sorry you had storm damage.
I was having troubles hearing signals tonight on both bands.
We have been having strong winds
All week, I hope my wires are all still up.
Hope u get things back in order befor winter.
73
Johnny ACØBQ

Check out the 4SQRP website at 4sqrp.com

Charles W. Powell

Chas, N2SH was calling on 80m at the end of the net.  I heard him quite well in Louisburg, but obviously Lebo was something of a dead zone for him.  Along the same lines, I could barely hear some of the checkins from my QTH.

72,

Chas - NK8O

On 10/14/20 8:59 PM, Johnny AC0BQ wrote:
Ge group
Tough night for a net!
I had cw qrm on both 40 and 80 meters.
I also had strong digital at 7.122!

Oh well,
Here are the check in's for tonight.

40 Meters
N4KV JOHN
WI5H MIKE
N9EGT First time on CW net? Welcome Wayne

80 Meters
N4ELM DAVE
N0YJ BERT
WA0ITP TERRY
WB5CT? I COULDN'T GET ALL OF THE CALL?
NK80 CHARLES
WN0WWY DALE
WB0CFF CARL
N4KV JOHN, in between qsb!

Thanks everyone,

WB5CTS/M "Hutch"

Johnny, Thanks for trying to pull me out of the noise on 80m. I was running mobile in Clinton,OK (90 mi west of OKC on I-40 using an FT-817ND at 5 watts. Surprised you even heard me. :-)
40M net was not heard at all however, Chas NK8O and I had a good Q on 7122. 579/579.

72, Steve WB5CTS/M
4states # 176

w2sh@...

Yes, that was me on 80m.  Johnny was only 449/559 and I had lots of QRN.  I did hear WBØCFF at 559 when he checked in.  Glad to learn that I was heard a kilomile away.  No sigs at all were heard on 40m.

72,

Charles (aka Chas), W2SH

[...]

Charles Moizeau, W2SH

Johnny AC0BQ

Hello Chas
I thought I caught a whisper of your call but that’s all I heard!

Last nights signals were strange.
Not much noise but terrible QSB.

I went out this morning and checked to see if I had a antenna leg on the ground!!

Hope next week will be better.
72
Johnny ACØBQ

Check out the 4SQRP website at 4sqrp.com