72
Johnny ACØBQ
--
Check out the 4SQRP website at 4sqrp.com

Robert

Guys I am sorry but I still have lightning in this area so I'm not hooking my K3 back up. So if someone else in an unaffected area could take the net that would be great. I Will still try to make the DMR net work but that depends on how heavy the cloud cover is

72's
Bert
N0YJ

On Wed, May 4, 2022, 7:22 PM Johnny AC0BQ <jomatlock@...> wrote:
Ge group
If our WX clears N0YJ
will be Ncs.
It doesn’t look like they will clear by net time.
72
Johnny ACØBQ
Check out the 4SQRP website at 4sqrp.com

David Todd <ac9xh@...>

Edited

STAY SAFE everyone. I lost a flex 1500 and an icom 746 to lightning. had the coax grounded and the rigs unhooked from antenna and source disconnected except the ground going to each rig

Only thing was even though i had the rigs grounded also, the lighting came in the shack via the ground side. It was a close hit.Now i have quick disconnects on my ground wire also.everything gets disconnected. Never since 70s have i ever been bothered by lighting strikes.I even have a triad of ground rods with ground wire going to all three and have radials ( a ground grid like installed for buildings and such),running from them and buried.!!!! Just a freaky strike. Just when you think its safe,BAAAAAAMMM.

Lucky i had another icom but sold it later.

Charles W. Powell

I was able to pick up as NCS tonight on 40m and despite QRN, a few  on 80m tonight.  Here are the check-ins.  After the way 40 meters was useless this afternoon, it was nice to see the QRP signals rolling in.

40 meters

NK8O,     Chas  KS  (acting NCS)
N9SKN    Aaron IL
K4EQ      Dale   MO
N4ELM    Dave     LA
N5IXA     Randy OK
AA0B      Roy  MO
K0FHG    Bob  MO
N3AAZ    John MD
KA9DVX  John IL
W4JL       Dave NC
W2SH     Chas NY (I think - this was ESP and I apologize if I got it wrong!)

80 meters

K9ZTV   Kent MO
K4EQ     Dale MO
AA0B     Roy MO

And a valiant effort but I couldn't pick out the last caller

Now here's the kicker - I think my antenna may be laying on the roof instead of up in the trees.

Chas - NK8O

Johnny AC0BQ

Thanks Charles
I appreciate you taking the NCS duties.
Nice run.
You might want to leave the antenna on the roof, looks like it works pretty good!
72
Johnny ACØBQ

Check out the 4SQRP website at 4sqrp.com