I’m game! Sounds like fun!
de Howie WA3MCK

"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?”

On Jul 5, 2018, at 23:23, Dwayne R via Groups.Io <masterdr=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:

If there are people interested, then I would be willing to get a net going. . .
40SSB. . .

I would prefer the Extra Section, but realize there are non-extra's here.
Does anyone object to 7220+/- on Monday nights? Say around 7 O'clock?

I will not be able to make it all the time, but with a little help between
two people, I say lets give it a go.

Dwayne

On Thu, 7/5/18, dekle <dekle@...> wrote:

Subject: Re: [4SQRP] 40m Net
To: main@4SQRP.groups.io
Date: Thursday, July 5, 2018, 9:37 PM

Is everyone listening to this?
Sounds like it's time for someone to step up and do
the SSB net
again.

Bill
KV6Z

Date: Thursday, July 5, 2018, 9:37 PM

From: Dennis
Yancey
as much a buzz... however, being a “newbie”
to CW and Morse, I can

only pick out a letter or two on occasion. There
seems to be a renewal
          of
interest in QRP and CW. Have you given thought
to providing a net
          for
those of us that can use a Rockmite or Pixie
and our watts and WPM
          are
interchangeable? I think this would be a good
thing as an

encouragement to new CW enthusiasts.

Let me know if and

when you a “Slow Code for Slow Minds” net and
I will be the first to

join in.

Thanks,
72 and God bless.
KD4EPG

  Virus-free.

Dennis Yancey <bigbluedry@...>

I am interested in 40 and 20.

Dennis Yancey <bigbluedry@...>

Thanks for the reply and encouragement. Rest assured I will check in, if not this week, next for sure. I appreciate the accommodation. Will be using a Ten Tec 4020 or Bitx40, hopefully I will be very close to frequency. As far as the straight key, maybe two bare wires would work better for me to copy...lol.

73 & God bless

Dennis Yancey <bigbluedry@...>

You mentioned something about giving an RST report. I assume that would be on your station. I got my ticket in Birmingham, Al, thus the 4 call. It should be clarified wha an RST from a 4 call and most 5 calls actually means, ski offer this for your assistance in translating from Southern... just so we are on the same page.

Readability
1 Good
2 Goober
3 Goodest
4 More Gooder
5 Most Goodest

Strength
1 Better
2 Best
3Besets
4 More Better
5 Most Bestest

Tone
1 Alright
2 Fine
3 More Fine
4 Smooth
4 Baby bottom smooth
6 Slick
7 Super Slick
8 STP Slick
9 Finer than Frogs hair

Dennis Yancey <bigbluedry@...>

If you can tap your finger and do CW that way, I have a fix for you.

dekle <dekle@...>

I like it.
And I was very surprised to see that there were more RST possibilities than 559 and 599.
I thought Tone 9 meant "slicker than deer guts on a door knob".

73
Bill
KV6Z

[...]

Jim Sheldon

Ref Readability 2, Goober is a peanut (Even some of us Yankees born in Minnesnowta know that one). I believe you meant Gooder?  HA!

Jim, W0EB

[...]

On SSB, I always give a signal report of "Goober Besets" whether they deserve it or not.

KV6Z