Topics

4S Link receivers

Johnny AC0BQ

Ge group:
Will there extra kits for sale at Ozarkcon?
I didn't want to fill up the build tables for the first timers, but I
would like to try one!
Thanks
Johnny AC0BQ

WA0ITP

Fb Johnny et al,

We'll reserve 40 kits for the build session and also have some to sell at our
table in the Knights room. The build session price is $25. The show special
price at the table is $35, and the final internet price will be a little higher
yet. I believe we have 20 signed up for the build session so far, so sign up
if you wish.
http://www.ozarkcon.com/BuildingWorkshop2013.html

----------------------------------
I love this radio stuff !
72 WA�ITP
www.qrpspots.com

| Will there extra kits for sale at Ozarkcon?
| I didn't want to fill up the build tables for the first timers, but I
| would like to try one!
| Thanks
| Johnny AC0BQ

Jeremy Utley

I signed up for the first build session - I'm looking forward to building this one - I've been trying to decide what to use for digital modes on my FT-817 when I go camping this summer - this, along with my laptop with FLDigi installed, should work quite nicely.

Speaking of which, how many have experience running digital modes with the 817?  Where do you usually keep your power out?  I know a lot of the 817's have had final transistors go in the past, and would *like* to avoid that!

Looking forward to seeing all of you at Ozarkcon -  WA6CML called and made our hotel reservations today!

Jeremy, N9PH (ex-KE0MD)
Iola, KS

On 2/28/2013 7:10 PM, WA0ITP wrote:

Fb Johnny et al,

We'll reserve 40 kits for the build session and also have some to sell at our
table in the Knights room. The build session price is $25. The show special
price at the table is $35, and the final internet price will be a little higher
yet. I believe we have 20 signed up for the build session so far, so sign up
if you wish.
http://www.ozarkcon.com/BuildingWorkshop2013.html

----------------------------------
I love this radio stuff !
72 WAØITP
www.qrpspots.com

| Will there extra kits for sale at Ozarkcon?
| I didn't want to fill up the build tables for the first timers, but I
| would like to try one!
| Thanks
| Johnny AC0BQ

Oh Jeremy just crank her up to 5 watts, if you smoke Em yeasu will sell you some more!
I am living proof  of that!
Just joking about the 5 watts, I think they recommend about half power but I am not sure .
72
Johnny

On Thursday, February 28, 2013, Jeremy Utley wrote:

I signed up for the first build session - I'm looking forward to building this one - I've been trying to decide what to use for digital modes on my FT-817 when I go camping this summer - this, along with my laptop with FLDigi installed, should work quite nicely.

Speaking of which, how many have experience running digital modes with the 817?  Where do you usually keep your power out?  I know a lot of the 817's have had final transistors go in the past, and would *like* to avoid that!

Looking forward to seeing all of you at Ozarkcon -  WA6CML called and made our hotel reservations today!

Jeremy, N9PH (ex-KE0MD)
Iola, KS

On 2/28/2013 7:10 PM, WA0ITP wrote:

Fb Johnny et al,

We'll reserve 40 kits for the build session and also have some to sell at our
table in the Knights room. The build session price is $25. The show special
price at the table is $35, and the final internet price will be a little higher
yet. I believe we have 20 signed up for the build session so far, so sign up
if you wish.
http://www.ozarkcon.com/BuildingWorkshop2013.html

----------------------------------
I love this radio stuff !
72 WAØITP
www.qrpspots.com

| Will there extra kits for sale at Ozarkcon?
| I didn't want to fill up the build tables for the first timers, but I
| would like to try one!
| Thanks
| Johnny AC0BQ

Ray Cadmus

I've been doing a little digital work with my 817.  On psk I set for 5 watts but run up the level via audio control to about 2.5w output.  Recently doing some jt65 wit 817 set at 2.5 and volume up so it actually runs 2.5.

So far so good :-)

Hope this helps.

73,

ray    w0pfo