Topics

4S Tuner Build Question

w2eck

Got a question on the placement of R6 on the 4S-Tuner board. On page 8 in manual it says "Solder to LH end of R4 and the RH of R5"  In Photo 11 on page 15, it shows this arrangement BUT it also shows only 2 sets of pads for the three resistors. On my board, there are clearly three sets of pads that are marked R4,R5, R6. See attached pic.

So am wondering if there was a change in later editions of this kit and R6 needs to be soldered to its own set of pads?

Hoping someone has some experience with this kit?

John Lonigro

I must have the older version of the 4S tuner because my board matches the instructions.  What you should be able to do with your version is check the pads with an ohmmeter to see how they are wired up.  I suspect you'll find the LH pad of R6 connects to the LH pad of R4 and the RH pad connects to the RH of R5.  The missing R6 pads on the older version was likely a mistake remedied in the newer batch and the instructions need to be updated to reflect that.

I am not associated with these kits in any way, other than as a user.  The above is strictly my opinion.  When NM0S has time, if I said something wrong, he should chime in and correct me.

John, AA0VE

On 7/24/20 8:16 AM, w2eck wrote:
Got a question on the placement of R6 on the 4S-Tuner board. On page 8 in manual it says "Solder to LH end of R4 and the RH of R5"  In Photo 11 on page 15, it shows this arrangement BUT it also shows only 2 sets of pads for the three resistors. On my board, there are clearly three sets of pads that are marked R4,R5, R6. See attached pic.

So am wondering if there was a change in later editions of this kit and R6 needs to be soldered to its own set of pads?

Hoping someone has some experience with this kit?

w2eck

My bad, I just noticed a note under photo 11 that says A future change to PCB will add pads for R6

but thanks for the reply

73 Paul