4SQRP T41 Progress Report

AG1P Ron

We have been working diligently to make this kit available for purchase. Here’s where we’re at:

- The pre-populated PCB betas are on order. Once validated we will place the order for a kit run.

- While waiting for that, we are investigating producing our own enclosure. There is vendor-supplied 3D printing but it is pricey - $20/board and there are 12 boards. In order to keep the price down we decided an alternative solution would be more desirable.

- Currently our position is that the buyer would furnish the display and Teensy 4.1

- Other parts will be included depending on availability. We may choose to sell the controls separate from the PCBs and enclosure. PCB connectors will probably be included.

- We will be offering foreign sales using insured shipping service from DHL or Fedex, passing our actual cost to the buyer. Doing so provides tracking outside the US and minimizes the financial risk of lost or damaged kits, something USPS cannot do.

We will update our progress here as changes occur. I will be putting up a kit page on www.4sqrp.com next week where you can track our progress

Thank you for your patience and for supporting Four State QRP Group. All proceeds go toward putting on OzarkCon in early April each year.

72 - Ron - AG1P

4SQRP Volunteer Secretary/Treasurer

4SQRP Volunteer Webmaster

WA0ITP

Thank you Ron.

--

Mike Malone

Exciting news!

Mike KD5KXF

[...]

Shawn Reed

- Currently our position is that the buyer would furnish the display and Teensy 4.1

How about the availability of the teensy 4.1 ? Out of stock at the moment. Otherwise, I don't have a clue about the project, but I'm game.  73. Shawnr. kf7yff.

AG1P Ron

The T41 is a 5-band SDR transceiver developed by Jack Purdum W8TEE and Al Peter AC8GY. They designed it as an experimental platform. It’s mostly SMD parts which we are having the board house install and uses a Teensy 4.1 as the microprocessor thus the T41 name. It has the option for 5”, 7” or 10” displays which is why we are leaving it to the buyer. The design is flexible to support a lot of different solutions or add-ons. Jack and Al approached us asking if we would kit it.

72 - Ron - AG1P

- Currently our position is that the buyer would furnish the display and Teensy 4.1

How about the availability of the teensy 4.1 ? Out of stock at the moment. Otherwise, I don't have a clue about the project, but I'm game.  73. Shawnr. kf7yff.

Johnny AC0BQ

Ge
It looks like adafuit has some.
They show a limit of one per customer.
72
Johnny ACØBQ

Check out the 4SQRP website at 4sqrp.com

Shawn Reed

Hello.  Found ProtoSupplies on the Adafruit page. Clicked on it and no hassle to buy Teensy 4.1. They offer up more, also. I spent half an afternoon trying to meet security requirements to purchase from Adafruit. Unsuccessful. That's what it all about. (:       sreed.kf7yff.