4SQRP T41 Update

AG1P Ron

GA to the group,

I thought it time for a progress update on our new T41 kit.

Al and one other beta builder have completed their builds and now performing testing. The other beta builders are close to completion. We think we have the minor issues resolved, depends on how testing goes. We anticipate having a revised BOM in next 2-3 weeks and orders placed for parts not already ordered. With the Covid outbreak in China, we are expecting delays and now anticipate making the kit available in early February. The date depends on the responsiveness of the parts and board vendors. The parts are purchased from US vendors and the pre-populated boards come from the board house in China that we regularly deal with. If the US vendors have long backorder or delivery times, we may need to purchase from a foreign vendor which would extend parts ship times. We also have US holidays and possibly Chinese New Year to contend with.

We appreciate your patience. We are as frustrated as you, maybe more, over the delays in getting parts. We wanted to have the kit available last week but it isn’t in the cards. Be assured we are working as hard as we can to make this awesome kit available to you.

72 - Ron - AG1P

4SQRP Volunteer Secretary/Treasurer

4SQRP Volunteer Webmaster

Mark WO7T

Thanks for your exceptional efforts, and Happy Holidays !!!

72,
Mark

Craig M Adams

Thanks for the update Ron!

Will we be able to place pre-orders to reserve a kit?

Best regards,

Craig M. Adams KN6OVL

On Nov 29, 2022, at 11:32 AM, AG1P Ron <ag1p@...> wrote:

[...]

K9HZ

Ron… there is a very active group of experimenters working to enhance the T41 project.  What are your plans to follow and incorporate some/ all/ none of these changes to the kit moving forward?

Dr. William J. Schmidt - K9HZ J68HZ 8P6HK ZF2HZ PJ4/K9HZ VP5/K9HZ PJ2/K9HZ

Owner - Operator

Big Signal Ranch – K9ZC

Staunton, Illinois

Owner – Operator

Villa Grand Piton - J68HZ

Soufriere, St. Lucia W.I.

Rent it: www.VillaGrandPiton.com

email:  bill@...

On Nov 29, 2022, at 3:32 PM, AG1P Ron <ag1p@...> wrote:

[...]

We are an all-volunteer organization and geographically dispersed. In the past having the kitter put parts in bags and handle pre-sales turned out to be too much to ask. So we would rather our kitters, especially the person doing the T41, focus solely on accurately putting parts in bags and ready kits for shipment. If you have never kitted before, it is a monumental effort and our kitters do it because they are passionate about the club and what we are about. They receive very little outside acknowledgement for jobs well done and for providing exemplary customer service yet they continue to do the work.

72 - Ron - AG1P

[...]

Our Bayou Jumper is on its fourth iteration, with changes mostly driven by user suggestions and comments. I expect the T41 will have similar life. If there are desired coding changes, our code will be available to people so they can experiment. After all, isn’t that Jack and Al’s vision for the kit? If with agreement with Jack and Al, if there is a version deemed production-ready, we will make the changes and post on the T41 kit page.

72 - Ron - AG1P

[...]

Leland L. Bahr

Ron,

What is the anticipated approximate target price range of this kit? I realize you have no firm figure.  Just wondering of this is a $200 or $300 kit.

Lee, w0vt

On 11/29/2022 4:18 PM, AG1P Ron wrote:

Our Bayou Jumper is on its fourth iteration, with changes mostly driven by user suggestions and comments. I expect the T41 will have similar life. If there are desired coding changes, our code will be available to people so they can experiment. After all, isn’t that Jack and Al’s vision for the kit? If with agreement with Jack and Al, if there is a version deemed production-ready, we will make the changes and post on the T41 kit page.

72 - Ron - AG1P

AG1P Ron

Our goal is $325 USD but we just got a 300% price increase on crystals for one of the Cricket kits so holding our breath that we don’t see this same increase on some of the T41 kit parts.

72 - Ron - AG1P

What is the anticipated approximate target price range of this kit? I realize you have no firm figure.  Just wondering of this is a $200 or $300 kit.

Lee, w0vt

On 11/29/2022 4:18 PM, AG1P Ron wrote:

Our Bayou Jumper is on its fourth iteration, with changes mostly driven by user suggestions and comments. I expect the T41 will have similar life. If there are desired coding changes, our code will be available to people so they can experiment. After all, isn’t that Jack and Al’s vision for the kit? If with agreement with Jack and Al, if there is a version deemed production-ready, we will make the changes and post on the T41 kit page.

72 - Ron - AG1P

Lee Bahr

OK, sounds like this will be a popular kit.  I'll be waiting for more details.  Thanks

Lee, w0vt