From: Daniel Walter via groups.io
Sent: Thursday, October 08, 2020 11:23 AM
To: main@4SQRP.groups.io
Subject: [4SQRP] 4SQRP Tuner

Built the Tuner and it seems to work well. A couple of questions:
1- Switch has a center OFF position, which connects to nothing. Is this intentional to d/c the antenna? If so, it does not ground both terminals.

2- One of my polyvaricons has 'bumpy' travel (the other is completely smooth operating.) should I just ignore this, or is it likely to fail?

--
72/73, Dan
NM3A

Bob Parr

I will second Dan.  I had one of my caps go bad and you could see the fins buckling up.  I suspect yours may either buckle in the future or may be starting to know.  The 4SQRP guys are real good about replacing any parts that are not working/bad.

Good luck.

Bob
KG5GTE

> Dan,
>
> 1 -  My 4SQRP Tuner has a DPDT toggle switch. I suspect your switch
> was supplied due to a parts supply issue with the original switch.
> 2 -  Doesn't sound good. Make sure the polyvaricon mounting screws
> aren't too long, then they might be pressing on the end of the cap
> plates. Sounds like a recipe for failure!    Paul Goemans WA9PWP
> Stoughton, WI

Johnny AC0BQ

Hello Dan
You may have received a switch that’s
Not the correct one.

We should probably send you another ploy Varicon.
That one sounds questionable.

Email me direct with your shipping info please.

Thanks
Johnny ACØBQ

Check out the 4SQRP website at 4sqrp.com