Topics

4SQRP WebPage Access

Ed Meyer, WG5F

Anyone else having trouble reaching 4sqrp.com this morning?
I'm not able to access it.
72,

-Ed, WG5F-

W0MQY

I couldn't gain access either.  Maybe down fo maintenance
Joe W0MQY

--
Joe Porter, PhD

SEKARC.net

A.R.R.L. Member
F.I.S.T.S. cw club   #19078
N.A.Q.C.C.   #10355
4sqrp Group   #103
S.K.C.C.   #4213
NJ Skeeter  #66  (2020)
Sasquatch   #855

Johnny AC0BQ

Hello Ed
I just tried it and I can’t get it to work.
I will drop Ron a note to check with
With our provider.
Thanks
Johnny

Check out the 4SQRP website at 4sqrp.com

John - KK4ITX

I can't raise 4S either, strange that there isn't any msg popping up on the screen ?

John
KK4ITX

Click Here for Zephyrhills Area Amateur Radio Club
Many of life's failures are people who
did not realize how close they were to
success when they gave up.
       Thomas A. Edison

Check out the 4SQRP website at 4sqrp.com

Robert

I can't get there either Ed

bert

On Fri, Sep 11, 2020 at 8:40 AM Ed Meyer, WG5F <wg5f@...> wrote:

Anyone else having trouble reaching 4sqrp.com this morning?
I'm not able to access it.
72,

-Ed, WG5F-

Virginia R Smith

Same here..... on the one morning I needed to look up a schematic! Go figure!
Virginia NV5F

On 2020-09-11 09:34, Robert wrote:
I can't get there either Ed
bert
On Fri, Sep 11, 2020 at 8:40 AM Ed Meyer, WG5F <wg5f@...> wrote:

Anyone else having trouble reaching 4sqrp.com [1] this morning?
I'm not able to access it.
72,
-Ed, WG5F-
Links:
------
[1] http://4sqrp.com
[2] https://4SQRP.groups.io/g/main/message/22734
[3] https://groups.io/mt/76779582/1779733
[4] https://4SQRP.groups.io/g/main/post
[5] https://4SQRP.groups.io/g/main/editsub/1779733
[6] https://4SQRP.groups.io/g/main/leave/defanged

Gwen Patton

Just my 2 cents' worth...

The site is up. It's connecting. But there's nothing THERE. The homepage is blank, or some other failure is happening. I noticed that my own site updated PHP and Wordpress recently, so maybe the host did similarly in this case and something broke?

A very useful tool for such situations is "isitdownrightnow.com". It's a site that checks whether a site is down, or just not working properly. "Down" means that it's unreachable, that the machine it's on is not connected to the internet and can't be reached. I would imagine this tool checks by a number of potential routing paths, to see if it's a local routing issue, a cookie issue on your machine, or the site is actually unreachable by a failure at the source. You can see the test I did here: https://www.isitdownrightnow.com/4sqrp.com.html

I just checked the page source for the blank white page I'm getting. The tab is showing the title of the page, so SOMETHING is connecting. Down at the very bottom of the source is this line:

Could not connect to MySQL: Access denied for user 'dbo344308545'@'74.208.57.248' (using password: YES)

This might be the problem. Something in the MySQL database is falling over, which is preventing the page from loading. This definitely needs to be escalated to the provider, as it looks like something updated or changed at their end that didn't get propagated downward.

73,
Gwen, NG3P