   How do I get a replacement since I probably have it soldered in backwards?

    Thank you, Gary KG8LB
--
Check out the 4SQRP website at 4sqrp.com

WA0ITP

Dave's response to the same question asked in an earlier email.

"1.  The main PCB transistor Q2 must be installed with its large flat face oriented toward the RIGHT side of the board.  The PCB silk screen is INCORRECT.  There are pictures posted that show the transistor installed in the opposite way, these are incorrect."

The manual and schematic are correct .
72 WAØITP
I love this radio stuff.
On 11/12/2019 11:56 AM, Johnny Matlock wrote:

Gm all
This question came in on the club inquiry email.

I’m not sure about the answer so I’m reposting it here?

Any ideas guys?

Thanks

 Q2 is a bit ambiguous. I see on the photo page that, Jeff (WA8SAJ) and AC0BQ  have that diode mounted in two opposing directions. There is a note in "errata" on the users group that says "Large flat side to the right".  I agree that mounting in the correct orientation is critical , but who did it right? Which side of the board is the "Right" side as noted in the errata?

Check out the 4SQRP website at 4sqrp.com

Johnny AC0BQ

Thanks Terry
I guess the only question is:
Is the right side viewing the radio from the front?
Thanks
Johnny

Check out the 4SQRP website at 4sqrp.com

Check out the 4SQRP website at 4sqrp.com

WA0ITP

Yes, in any event C2 has to be assembled opposite what the board silk screen shows.
72 WAØITP
I love this radio stuff.

Check out the 4SQRP website at 4sqrp.com

Check out the 4SQRP website at 4sqrp.com

Johnny AC0BQ

Ok
Thanks

Check out the 4SQRP website at 4sqrp.com

Check out the 4SQRP website at 4sqrp.com

Check out the 4SQRP website at 4sqrp.com

ohwenzelph

“The PCB silk screen is INCORRECT.  There are pictures posted that show the transistor installed in the opposite way, these are incorrect."

So... both directions are wrong????

John Lonigro

Terry:

I'm assuming you mean Q2, not C2?  We don't want to confuse an already confused situation.

John, AA0VE

Check out the 4SQRP website at 4sqrp.com

Check out the 4SQRP website at 4sqrp.com

w9ran

Let's try the non-verbal approach:

Install Q2 like this:

https://i.imgur.com/ML4vtwS.jpg

73, Bob W9RAN

Johnny AC0BQ

Ge group
Well I must admit, I had my Q2 installed backwards!

I removed it and reinstalled, it seemed to make a big difference!

3 watts dead key and well over 10 watts on voice peaks.

I will see if Ron will remove my picture.
72
Johnny

Check out the 4SQRP website at 4sqrp.com

WA0ITP

Correct.I meant Q2. sri.
72 WAØITP
I love this radio stuff.

Check out the 4SQRP website at 4sqrp.com

Check out the 4SQRP website at 4sqrp.com

Charles W. Powell

Speaking of the N-75, I thought I might like to build another, but I see sales are “suspended.”  Is there a timeline for rescinding the suspension?

73,

Chas - NK8O

Check out the 4SQRP website at 4sqrp.com

Check out the 4SQRP website at 4sqrp.com

Johnny AC0BQ

Ge Charles
I will check on this.
I didn’t know we were out of the first run.
72
Johnny

Check out the 4SQRP website at 4sqrp.com

Check out the 4SQRP website at 4sqrp.com

Check out the 4SQRP website at 4sqrp.com

Johnny AC0BQ

Gm Group
We are refreshing the Noveau 75 kits.

Dave Cripe is combining the piggy back receiver mod onto the main board.

They will be available again in a few weeks.

Thanks

Check out the 4SQRP website at 4sqrp.com

Check out the 4SQRP website at 4sqrp.com

Check out the 4SQRP website at 4sqrp.com

Check out the 4SQRP website at 4sqrp.com

Thomas Jenkins <shipmate33@...>

I would like to order a Nouveau-75 - for a Christmas present...what are my chances?

Leland Lannoye

My guess is they are at least fair.?? Mr. Cripe is extremely accommodating.

On 11/17/2019 15:22, Thomas Jenkins wrote:
I would like to order a Nouveau-75 - for a Christmas present...what are my chances?
--
Lee, W9HIF
The station of the Scary Ghost Stories and Tales of the Glories of Ham Radio long, long ago.

John Lonigro

Depends.  Have you been naughty or nice?? (hi)

On 11/17/19 2:22 PM, Thomas Jenkins wrote:
I would like to order a Nouveau-75 - for a Christmas present...what are my chances?

Thomas Jenkins <shipmate33@...>

Thanks for info; may get different kit - for grandson.  I am getting coal in my stocking!

Johnny AC0BQ

Ge Thomas
I wouldn’t hold my breath on them being back in stock by then.

It takes a couple of weeks to get the boards after Dave makes the changes?

Sorry about the delay.

Check out the 4SQRP website at 4sqrp.com

Tony Scandurra K4QE

I have a Nouveau-75 that is yet unbuilt.  I purchased it a couple weeks ago.  I haven't even unsealed the box yet.

Would it be possible for me to purchase the newly designed board and utilize the parts from my existing kit so I can avoid the whole daughterboard thing?

Thanks in advance!

73, Tony K4QE

nm0s_qrp <ai9e_qrp@...>

It's possible.  Ask us again when the new kits are available, hopefully around the end of the year.

73 Dave NM0S