Einstein I think.
72 WAØITP
I love this radio stuff.
On 12/18/2019 1:08 PM, Paul Goemans wrote:

Doesn’t this quote go all the way back to Marconi?

Paul Goemans WA9PWP
Stoughton, WI

From: Frank Perkins
Sent: Wednesday, December 18, 2019 11:39 AM
To: main@4sqrp.groups.io
Subject: Re: [4SQRP] NC-40a Build

Hi Terry,
I like your "I love this radio stuff" saying!
I ran across this . . .
One ham was trying to explain the magic of wireless communication by saying its kinda like a long telegraph wire across the country with a cat.
You pull the cat's tail in New York, and hear it's yowl in San Francisco.
Except there's no wire, and no cat!!!
72s
Frank N6CES

On Wed, Dec 18, 2019, 9:03 AM WA0ITP <wa0itp@...> wrote:
tnx much Bob
72 WAØITP
I love this radio stuff.
wwwwa0itp.com
www.4sqrp.com
On 12/18/2019 9:55 AM, Robert Pritchard wrote:
See Attached PDF
Bob
K0FHG

On Wed, Dec 18, 2019 at 8:47 AM WA0ITP <wa0itp@...> wrote:
Did anyone build the updated NC-40a build lead by K7QO?  I dug out my board for a Winter project and am looking for the documentation.  There's gotta be a web site with the dox, or a build group, or on someone's hard drive.

TIA for any info.
--
72 WAØITP
I love this radio stuff.

Bob Pritchard

Lee

Or Heisenberg…………………..

Lee KX4TT

[...]

Frank Perkins

Hmmmm . . . .
Heisenberg, didn't he build the Zeppelin?
Frank

On Wed, Dec 18, 2019, 12:50 PM Lee via Groups.Io <kx4tt=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:

Or Heisenberg…………………..

Lee KX4TT

[...]

Jim

On Wed, 18 Dec 2019 15:50:05 -0500
"Lee via Groups.Io" <kx4tt=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:

Or Heisenberg…………………..

Lee KX4TT

Are you *certain*?

--
72, Jim KK0U

Austin Seraphin

According to Quote Investigator it first showed up in the Unix fortune program.

On 12/18/19 3:46 PM, WA0ITP wrote:
[...]

73, Austin, KA3TTT
https://ka3ttt.net

W6BOW

Dear All,

"You see, wire telegraph is a kind of a very, very long cat.  You pull his tail in New York and his head is meowing in Los Angeles.  Do you understand this? And radio operates exactly the same way: you send signals here, they receive them there.  The only difference is that there is no cat."

So, what about all those many, many QST articles over the years about "strays"?
Just askin'.

Happy holidays,

Don  W6BOW
SF  CA  USA

Sent: Wednesday, December 18, 2019 11:39 AM

[...]

Don,
Yep! That was it.
I recognize the wording now.
Frank i

On Thu, Dec 19, 2019, 8:06 AM W6BOW via Groups.Io <DBuckter=aol.com@groups.io> wrote:
[...]

Jim Manley

And hence the revolutionary leap in technology when Bell Labs invented "cat's whiskers" transistors!  No more "cat's eyes" in tubes/valves glowering in the dark, either ...

Jim  KJ7JHE
Lame Deer High School Amateur Radio Club  KJ7JKU

On Thu, Dec 19, 2019 at 9:45 AM Frank Perkins <N6CES.r@...> wrote:
[...]

Curt

I thought it was Schrödinger's cat lol.

Curt KB5JO