Topics

4SQRP Second Sunday Sprint - Sun, 01/12/2020 #cal-notice

Jeff Logullo N0̸MII

That's sage advice. In the future I'll move away from 7.122. Sorry if i was one of the offenders.

With the bands so silent, and hearing nothing, it never occurred to me...

On Jan 13, 2020, at 12:30 PM, Carl Gansen <@WB0CFF_CARL> wrote:

I think part of my difficulty in picking out a weak signal on 40M was maybe there were multiple weak signals on 7.122000000 making it hard to pick out one full callsign.
Spreading out a bit might be a good strategy.
Carl WB0CFF
--
Jeff N0̷MII

Carl Gansen

I think part of my difficulty in picking out a weak signal  on 40M was maybe there were multiple weak signals on 7.122000000 making it hard to pick out one full callsign.
Spreading out a bit might be a good strategy.
Carl  WB0CFF

Jeff Logullo N0̸MII

I guess yesterday’s NAQP used up all the solar flux. Had fun on 40 yesterday, but today it’s a ghost town.

:-/

On Jan 12, 2020, at 7:49 PM, n4mj via Groups.Io <n4mj=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:

Called you several times Johnny but nothing here but noise.

Was on 40m checking for sigs. Found W5KU talking with 4X6ZM down on 7.005 Mhz. Dennis, W5KU, said he was running a KW with a 2 element array up 150 feet. Had a great signal here but that's the only CW signal I heard during that hunt. hi hi

80m is just noise so far. May listen/call for a little while.
--
Jeff N0̷MII

n4mj

Called you several times Johnny but nothing here but noise.

Was on 40m checking for sigs. Found W5KU talking with 4X6ZM down on 7.005 Mhz.  Dennis, W5KU, said he was running a KW with a 2 element array up 150 feet.  Had a great signal here but that's the only CW signal I heard during that hunt. hi hi

80m is just noise so far. May listen/call for a little while.

Thanks for trying.

73 de n4mj

  Thank you!

On Sunday, January 12, 2020, 07:42:45 PM CST, Johnny Matlock <jomatlock@...> wrote:

Hello Glenn
Well I just snagged Carl in MN. so there are some of on the bands tonight.
Im at 3564 if you want to try?
72
Johnny

On Sun, Jan 12, 2020 at 7:32 PM n4mj via Groups.Io <n4mj=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:
GE Johnny.  Been calling CQ SS 4S and CQ 4S for a while and nothing heard.  That was on 7.122 and 3.564 Mhz.  I'm not overly surprised as 20m was crazy this afternoon.  Stations I normally hear for SOTA were whispers and ESP.  Thinking tonight isn't any better on the lower bands.  Just not hearing much at all.
Posted on QRPSPOTS but no results.

n4mj

  Thank you!

On Sunday, January 12, 2020, 07:24:22 PM CST, Johnny Matlock <jomatlock@...> wrote:

Ge group
Any one planning on working the SSS tonight?
I sent cq on 7.122 and now am qrl at 3564?

On Sun, Jan 12, 2020 at 7:00 PM main@4SQRP.groups.io Calendar <noreply@groups.io> wrote:

4SQRP Second Sunday Sprint

When:
Sunday, 12 January 2020