Topics

Ozarkcon Sprint Results

John - KK4ITX

Even though I only made one member contact, I came close to bagging K0N which would have moved me closer to First Place Overall so I’ll have to settle for First in Florida as has been mentioned !

With most everybody being homebound I was surprised that there were not more folks participating....... I had a good time right up to the end.

Thanks guys for your efforts.

John, KK4ITX
Florida State First Place

Visit:  www.zaarc.org.   👁

On Apr 7, 2020, at 09:03, Johnny Matlock <jomatlock@...> wrote:

Thanks John

CONGRATS !

John and David.

Good job with the sprint.
I will send you guys a email off-list.

Thanks to everyone that participated.

Stay safe

On Mon, Apr 6, 2020 at 1:23 PM John Lonigro <jonigro@...> wrote:
I know this isn't as much fun as Ozarkcon would have been, but it's a
lot safer for all.  Without further ado, here are the results of the
first (and hopefully last) Ozarkcon Sprint.  Note: Numbers in
parentheses are #QSOs with members (2 points), # with non-members (1
point), # with K0N (4 points), and # with WQ5RP (4 points).

First Place goes to John Watkins, N0EVH, of Independence, MO with 17
total points.  (3,7,1,0)
Second Place goes to David Kukulka, AB9BZ, of Chicago, IL with 16 total
points. (0,8,1,1)
Third Place goes to Glenn Snow, N4MJ, of South Fulton, TN with 10 total
points. (1,0,1,1)

These three will receive the coveted 4SQRP certificate via email
shortly.  First and second place also will receive more tangible
prizes.  You will be contacted by Johnny, AC0BQ, regarding those gifts.

Others who entered the contest were:
Paul, WA9PWP with 8 points (0,0,1,1).
Terry, WA0ITP, with 4 points (0,0,1,0).
John, KK4ITX, with 2 points (1,0,0,0).

The two bonus stations' scores were:
Johnny, K0N (aka AC0BQ), with 25 points (8,5,1,0).
Bert, WQ5RP, (aka N0YJ), with 17 points (5,3,0,1).

Both bonus stations were located in Kansas.
The other 6 entrants were each from a different state: MO, IL, TN, WI,
IA, FL, so they each came in first place in their state (hi).

Don't forget the regular Second Sunday Sprint this coming Sunday (Easter
Sunday).

72 and stay safe,
John, AA0VE
4SQRP Contest Coordinator