Topics

Second Sunday Sprint Results

John Lonigro

Based on this month's SSS participation, it's obvious to me that a lot of people are abiding by the "stay at home" directive, and that, as a result, they are spending more time on the radio.  We had 17 people record their scores for April.  I haven't checked but this has got to be a record number of participants.  We even had one person enter for the first time, just recently becoming a member of 4SQRP.  He is Sean Kutzko, KX9X, member #2199.  Welcome Sean!  Hope you are able to participate in future months as well.

The winner for April was Chas, W2SH, with 27 total points. Congratulations Chas.  Chas is also leading in the overall contest, with 60 points.  So in one month, Chas almost doubled his score. Very impressive.  John, K4BAI, came in second this month, with 26 points.  He is also in second place overall, with 46 points.  In third place overall is Nick WB5BKL, with 35 total points.

There were several members who participated for the first time this year, other than Sean (KX9X).  Ed (WG5F), Dale (WN0WWY), Joe (W0MQY), John (AL7JK), George (K3EMS), and David (K5IX) all entered for the first time this year.  I hope you gentlemen will continue participating throughout the year.  It's a lot more fun with 17 entries than with 6 or 8.

Chas can expect his April certificate in his in-box shortly.

Until next month, 72 and stay safe,

John, AA0VE
4SQRP Contest Coordinator