Topics

40 AND 80 METER NETS

Johnny AC0BQ

Ge Group
Very nice turn out, it appears lots of us are at home now days!
I hope this email finds you and your's safe and well!
Very nice turn out!

Check in's were
40 Meters
N4ELM DAVE
WA9PWP PAUL
W2SH CHAS
N0YJ BERT
KD4OBO PAT
K5TD ROBERT
N4DR MARC
N4MJ GLENN
WA0RXR MARK
KW4JS JOHN
AD0YM MIKE

80 Meter Check in's were:
N0YJ BERT DOUBLE
N4DR MARC DOUBLE
KL7IXI MIKE
N4ELM DAVE DOUBLE
WN0WWY DALE
W2SH CHAS DOUBLE

NICE NET!
You guys do your best to stay well and safe!
72, 73
Johnny AC0BQ

w2sh@...

I sort of figure that in northern NJ I'm probably the "DX" outlaw for these Wednesday evening events, for which we have Johnny to thank for being our host on both bands.

40m was a piece of cake with easy copy at both ends.

With increased daylight and higher noise levels, 80m is a different story.  Tonight I could hardly copy five percent of what stations were sending.  I forgot to turn off the rig.  Went upstairs and later came down to shut down the station when I heard bits and pieces of a ACØBQ transmission. Just for giggles, I dropped my call sign. Wow, Johnny with his sharp ears came back with a 339.  I said ditto to him.  The QSO was done!

72,

Charles (aka Chas), W2SH

[...]

Charles Moizeau, W2SH

Johnny AC0BQ

Gm Chas
Well you were pretty thin, but I did get ur call and a valid signal report.
Good enough for me!
Take care, Stay Safe!

Check out the 4SQRP website at 4sqrp.com