Topics

Solder Paste / Flux ... where to buy


Gordon Saunders
 

Greetings all,
Since there are no Radio Shack Stores to visit now, that I'm aware of, may I ask where you order Flux / Paste from?
Looking for PCB applications and other wire connections. NOT interested in Copper Pipe and or other plumbing applications types.
Have been unable to locate small squeeze tubes or small containers of this type on-line so far. Did find some suitable, but a $50.00 min order  OR canisters running in excess of $100.00.
Links or suggestions appreciated!
73,
Gordon  KW4CZ


Tim N9PUZ
 

On 4/18/2020 10:46 AM, Gordon Saunders wrote:
Greetings all,
Since there are no Radio Shack Stores to visit now, that I'm aware of, may I ask where you order Flux / Paste from?
Looking for PCB applications and other wire connections. NOT interested in Copper Pipe and or other plumbing applications types.
Have been unable to locate small squeeze tubes or small containers of this type on-line so far. Did find some suitable, but a $50.00 min order  OR canisters running in excess of $100.00.
Links or suggestions appreciated!
73,
Gordon  KW4CZ
I got some of this a while back. Looks like it is still available.

https://www.amazon.com/Delcast-Rosin-Soldering-Flux-Paste/dp/B00SVESNTC/ref=sr_1_9

Tim N9PUZ


Gordon Saunders
 

Thanks Tim!

AMAZON is one I didn't check right off .. just did a GOOGLE search and was led down different paths ..
When I checked your suggestion on Amazon .. BINGO !!
Ordered some today  .. again, many thanks !
73,
Gordon KW4CZ


Mike D
 

I use mg chemicals for flux and solder paste, available on amazon and mouser.

Mike kd5rjz 

On Sat, Apr 18, 2020, 12:31 PM Gordon Saunders <kw4cz49@...> wrote:
Thanks Tim!

AMAZON is one I didn't check right off .. just did a GOOGLE search and was led down different paths ..
When I checked your suggestion on Amazon .. BINGO !!
Ordered some today  .. again, many thanks !
73,
Gordon KW4CZ


Thomas Martin
 

If it hasn’t already been mentioned try Amazon I have ordered all kinds of parts etc from them 


On Saturday, April 18, 2020, Gordon Saunders <kw4cz49@...> wrote:
Greetings all,
Since there are no Radio Shack Stores to visit now, that I'm aware of, may I ask where you order Flux / Paste from?
Looking for PCB applications and other wire connections. NOT interested in Copper Pipe and or other plumbing applications types.
Have been unable to locate small squeeze tubes or small containers of this type on-line so far. Did find some suitable, but a $50.00 min order  OR canisters running in excess of $100.00.
Links or suggestions appreciated!
73,
Gordon  KW4CZ


Ryan Laurie
 

Hello,
      You should be able to get a modest amount in a tube down at the local hardware, or home Depot/Lowe's type store for repairs to pipe. Much smaller container should be readily available, and cheap.
Ryan
W∅WLY

On Sat, Apr 18, 2020, 12:27 PM Gordon Saunders <kw4cz49@...> wrote:
Greetings all,
Since there are no Radio Shack Stores to visit now, that I'm aware of, may I ask where you order Flux / Paste from?
Looking for PCB applications and other wire connections. NOT interested in Copper Pipe and or other plumbing applications types.
Have been unable to locate small squeeze tubes or small containers of this type on-line so far. Did find some suitable, but a $50.00 min order  OR canisters running in excess of $100.00.
Links or suggestions appreciated!
73,
Gordon  KW4CZ


Daniel Reynolds
 

I had an immediate need, and with amazon slowing down shipment of non-essential items... I ended up going to eBay and paying a little more for shipping - BUT getting things here in a week vs 2-3 weeks.

Daniel/AA0NI
OKC


W4OED
 

Try this link:

https://www.radioshack.com/search?q=solder&type=product

I have been buying things from RS on line for some months now. 

They sometimes have good deals, but they are still RS quality.

In addition, they are running out of stock and they are not replenishing their warehouse any more.

What is gone, is gone forever.

Stay healthy,

Oscar
W4OED

 


John Nicholas
 

Ha!  Guess, I’m lucky.  Check out 


Located 1.5 miles from here, in Derby, KS - just outside of Wichita.

Radio Shack!

E0ZUW  John Nicholas  
Amateur Radio General Class Operator
Member ARRL, Wichita ARC, & Air Capitol Tech-N-Chat ARC 
Grid Square EM17im

On Apr 18, 2020, at 10:46 AM, Gordon Saunders <kw4cz49@...> wrote:

Greetings all,
Since there are no Radio Shack Stores to visit now, that I'm aware of, may I ask where you order Flux / Paste from?
Looking for PCB applications and other wire connections. NOT interested in Copper Pipe and or other plumbing applications types.


Jerome Wysocki
 

... hmmm, "not supplying their warehouses anymore"? If true, that's a bad sign for them, like going out of business, once and for all, end of enterprise. First, stores gone, then warehouses?
... Jerry Wysocki, KC9JXE


N7JS
 

We've got one here in Layton, Utah as well.  People opening shop under the Franchise name.   More stocked with individual electronic parts than you can shake a stick at.  Hope they can make it a go.

73 Jim, N7JS

On 4/18/2020 2:27 PM, John Nicholas wrote:
Ha!  Guess, I’m lucky.  Check out 


Located 1.5 miles from here, in Derby, KS - just outside of Wichita.

Radio Shack!

E0ZUW  John Nicholas  
Amateur Radio General Class Operator
Member ARRL, Wichita ARC, & Air Capitol Tech-N-Chat ARC 
Grid Square EM17im

On Apr 18, 2020, at 10:46 AM, Gordon Saunders <kw4cz49@...> wrote:

Greetings all,
Since there are no Radio Shack Stores to visit now, that I'm aware of, may I ask where you order Flux / Paste from?
Looking for PCB applications and other wire connections. NOT interested in Copper Pipe and or other plumbing applications types.


Charles Wells
 

We've a Radio Shack in our smaller town of Emporia, KS.  Opened fairly recently.  The proprietor told me that all of the RS now operating or opening are independent franchise stores.  He indicated that RS corporate would continue to supply inventory for a long time.


On Sat, Apr 18, 2020, 17:59 N7JS <jimsouthwick2@...> wrote:

We've got one here in Layton, Utah as well.  People opening shop under the Franchise name.   More stocked with individual electronic parts than you can shake a stick at.  Hope they can make it a go.

73 Jim, N7JS

On 4/18/2020 2:27 PM, John Nicholas wrote:
Ha!  Guess, I’m lucky.  Check out 


Located 1.5 miles from here, in Derby, KS - just outside of Wichita.

Radio Shack!

E0ZUW  John Nicholas  
Amateur Radio General Class Operator
Member ARRL, Wichita ARC, & Air Capitol Tech-N-Chat ARC 
Grid Square EM17im

On Apr 18, 2020, at 10:46 AM, Gordon Saunders <kw4cz49@...> wrote:

Greetings all,
Since there are no Radio Shack Stores to visit now, that I'm aware of, may I ask where you order Flux / Paste from?
Looking for PCB applications and other wire connections. NOT interested in Copper Pipe and or other plumbing applications types.


 

* On 2020 18 Apr 18:54 -0500, Charles Wells wrote:
We've a Radio Shack in our smaller town of Emporia, KS. Opened fairly
recently. The proprietor told me that all of the RS now operating or
opening are independent franchise stores. He indicated that RS corporate
would continue to supply inventory for a long time.
Has the quality of the parts been improved? I recall connectors that
had insulation that looked like Teflon but when soldered would melt like
cheap PVC.

72, Nate

--

"The optimist proclaims that we live in the best of all
possible worlds. The pessimist fears this is true."

Web: https://www.n0nb.us
Projects: https://github.com/N0NB
GPG fingerprint: 82D6 4F6B 0E67 CD41 F689 BBA6 FB2C 5130 D55A 8819


Charles Wells
 

I'm not sure about the quality.  Their stock is a real mix of old and new with some 3rd party packaged components.  Since I tend to not buy one's and twos of parts (usually cheaper by the dozen) I don't go in often.


On Sun, Apr 19, 2020, 07:09 Nate Bargmann <n0nb@...> wrote:
* On 2020 18 Apr 18:54 -0500, Charles Wells wrote:
> We've a Radio Shack in our smaller town of Emporia, KS.  Opened fairly
> recently.  The proprietor told me that all of the RS now operating or
> opening are independent franchise stores.  He indicated that RS corporate
> would continue to supply inventory for a long time.

Has the quality of the parts been improved?  I recall connectors that
had insulation that looked like Teflon but when soldered would melt like
cheap PVC.

72, Nate

--

"The optimist proclaims that we live in the best of all
possible worlds.  The pessimist fears this is true."

Web: https://www.n0nb.us
Projects: https://github.com/N0NB
GPG fingerprint: 82D6 4F6B 0E67 CD41 F689 BBA6 FB2C 5130 D55A 8819





Johnny AC0BQ
 

Thanks for the info Charles.
I didn’t know we had a new Radio Shack In town.
73
Johnny AC0BQ 

On Sun, Apr 19, 2020 at 7:43 AM Charles Wells <odu1993@...> wrote:
I'm not sure about the quality.  Their stock is a real mix of old and new with some 3rd party packaged components.  Since I tend to not buy one's and twos of parts (usually cheaper by the dozen) I don't go in often.

On Sun, Apr 19, 2020, 07:09 Nate Bargmann <n0nb@...> wrote:
* On 2020 18 Apr 18:54 -0500, Charles Wells wrote:
> We've a Radio Shack in our smaller town of Emporia, KS.  Opened fairly
> recently.  The proprietor told me that all of the RS now operating or
> opening are independent franchise stores.  He indicated that RS corporate
> would continue to supply inventory for a long time.

Has the quality of the parts been improved?  I recall connectors that
had insulation that looked like Teflon but when soldered would melt like
cheap PVC.

72, Nate

--

"The optimist proclaims that we live in the best of all
possible worlds.  The pessimist fears this is true."

Web: https://www.n0nb.us
Projects: https://github.com/N0NB
GPG fingerprint: 82D6 4F6B 0E67 CD41 F689 BBA6 FB2C 5130 D55A 8819




--
Check out the 4SQRP website at 4sqrp.com