Topics

40 and 80 Meter Net Report

Johnny AC0BQ

Good Evening
Conditions were pretty good on the bands tonight.
40 Meters has quite a bit of SSB qrm, but 80 was in good shape.

Check in's were
40 Meters
N4DR
W2SH
KW4JS
W5ESE
KD4MSR
AB9BZ

80 Meter Check in's were
WA9PWP
K4EQ
KL7IXI
N0YJ
KD4MSR
W2SH
W5ESE
N4MJ
Thanks for the FB net.
Please Stay Safe!
72
Johnny Ac0BQ

John - KK4ITX

QRM on 40m due to SSB, was S9+, not a chance.  They are there most of the time it seems around 7125 but they either have loose transmitters or high power.  I don’t understand Spanish so I can’t get a fix on them....... they render 7122 useless for me much of the time.

73,

John
KK4ITX

Visit:  www.zaarc.org.   👁

On Apr 29, 2020, at 22:38, Johnny AC0BQ <jomatlock@...> wrote:

[...]

Ge John
I don’t know how much power they are using, but I’m sure they are transmitting wide.
It was almost more than my K2 filters could handle.

Check out the 4SQRP website at 4sqrp.com

Dale Holloway, K4EQ

John, some of the Central and South America countries have phone privileges in our CW sub-bands. Years ago I lived in Costa Rica and Honduras and I once had a cross mode SSB/CW contact with a stateside Novice. It was perfectly legal for both of us. So when a DX station crowds us at 7122 kHz, we need to remember that he/she may be complaining about how we're causing them QRM just like we complain about them. Who's wrong?  :-)

Dale Holloway, K4EQ
www.k4eq.net

John - KK4ITX

Yes Dale, I am aware of the overlap in use and not placing blame but I often bring up the issue to perhaps get the 4S frequency moved to avoid the QRM.  I had my FT-450D filter at 300 and could still hear them at 7121 around an S4-5.  They were clearly centered on 7125 well within their rights, no problem here on that score..... but pretty wide.

There is often interference to deal with as I work 95+% QRP and that’s part of the game, usually when I can, I just quietly move away from it but that’s not an option when I am chasing a Net.

I figure that being just a handful of miles from the Gulf Coast makes it even more likely for me to have an issue, it’s not uncommon here.

73,

John

Visit:  www.zaarc.org.   👁