Topics

Nouveau 75

Rick Tilton WK4R <rtilton@...>

I am considering the  Nouveau 75  "SOON".  However, I have questions.  Does the kit come with the case?  What mic comes with it? (Tell me NOT an electret?)  Any pros or cons?  I know it is a kit and looks great but all kits have had flaws that I have obtained.  Basically Can anyone give me a quick run down before I order.  Are they ready to ship now?

73,

Rick WK4R

Tony Scandurra K4QE

Rick,

Please refer to:

..for answers to all of your questions concerning what is in the kit.

73, Tony K4QE

w9ran

On 5/6/2020 8:55 AM, Rick Tilton WK4R wrote:
I am considering the Nouveau 75  "SOON".  However, I have questions.  Does the kit come with the case?  What mic comes with it? (Tell me NOT an electret?)  Any pros or cons?  I know it is a kit and looks great but all kits have had flaws that I have obtained. Basically Can anyone give me a quick run down before I order. Are they ready to ship now?
Rick,

Yes the case is part of the kit, very slick.   The mic that comes with it is an electret speaker-mic (speaker not implemented) and it sounds fine.  You can mess around implementing external PTT and audio if you must but it is not as simple as you might think due to how these mics are wired.   I use a TRRS extension cord because the right angle plug kept adjusting my transmit gain knob for me.

The biggest flaw was in the receiver AGC which has since been corrected by implementing a daughter board that retrofitted the original PC boards and now I understand new boards have this circuitry on the main board (which is pre-assembled).    A small number of units had modulator problems which have also been corrected, so to my knowledge there's no reason not to buy the Nouveau 75.   You can read about my experience with the early version here: https://tinyurl.com/w5saw83

73, Bob W9RAN