Topics

Connectors

Paul AI4EE

I want to connect my eight screw terminal rotator to a male/female connector, so that I don't have to tighten/loosen eight screws when I'm sixty feet off the ground - just snap/unsnap. Does anyone know where I can find such items? Thanks.

Paul  AI4EE

Don, W9EBK

Paul
If are comfortable taking the rotor apart to service it, you can buy a retrofit kit to change old Ham series rotors to the new single connector style. Hy-gain/CDE is now owned by MFJ. I didn't find them in a quick search of their website,  but they should be able to help you out with a phone call or email.

If you don't want to take the rotor apart to do the retrofit,  Mouser and DigiKey both sell a good selection of 8 connector weatherproof connections that will work.  I feel your pain.  I used to have several of the old style Ham rotors with the screw connectors. It seems like I was always needing to repair a connection or 2.
Don, W9EBK

On Thu, May 21, 2020, 3:22 PM Paul AI4EE <nadie1943@...> wrote:
I want to connect my eight screw terminal rotator to a male/female
connector, so that I don't have to tighten/loosen eight screws when I'm
sixty feet off the ground - just snap/unsnap. Does anyone know where I
can find such items? Thanks.

Paul  AI4EE

Paul AI4EE

Don -

I'm going for the retrofit, if I can get it.

Shopping at Mouser or Digikey (for me) is like being a blind man in a dark room looking for a black cat that isn't there.

Thanks for the advice!  Paul, AI4EE

Thomas Martin

I hate to say this in away but try Amazon I have been able to find many things much easier then distributors websites and get free shipping.
Tom
K0amd

On Thursday, May 21, 2020, Paul AI4EE <nadie1943@...> wrote:
Don -

I'm going for the retrofit, if I can get it.

Shopping at Mouser or Digikey (for me) is like being a blind man in a dark room looking for a black cat that isn't there.

Thanks for the advice!  Paul, AI4EE

Carl Gansen

KT4KI, Ken Brownson, has been an excellent rotor repair and parts guy for me over the years.
kt4ki@...

72/73
Carl WB0CFF