Topics

75A - Kits in the 190 Serial Number Range - Do They Need The Modification?

Bruce W1UJR <w1ujr@...>

I read that the early 75A kits needed a separate circuit board due to receiver performance, with inadequate AGC range and objectionable distortion.

I bought 5 of these kits to build and also to give away to younger hams.

When do these mods apply to the kits, is it in my serial range?

Thanks!

JOE CULWELL

Only the original N75 need the mod.  All N75a include the mod.  Serial number numbers 1-100 are N75.  Serial number 101 and above are N75a.  You are good to go.  de wb0yfl

On Sun, May 31, 2020 at 2:49 PM Bruce W1UJR <w1ujr@...> wrote:

I read that the early 75A kits needed a separate circuit board due to receiver performance, with inadequate AGC range and objectionable distortion.

I bought 5 of these kits to build and also to give away to younger hams.

When do these mods apply to the kits, is it in my serial range?

Thanks!

ohwenzelph

What about removing R47 and the first hundred kits?

JOE CULWELL

Yes, that would make them more like the N75a.