Topics

Balloon beacon

Tom <n2uhc@...>

I won't be listening for the beacon since the last time I listened out for it I couldn't hear it on any freq. I guess 20 meters doesn't work from Kansas to Iowa (even at 90K feet). Nor was I able to hear the 2m or packet signals direct after my QTH was inside the radio horizon. I'm just a little too far away, I guess.

Tom N2UHC

kb4qqj <kb4qqj@...>

heh heh..... that's what "tight" filters, perseverance and determination are for. Think of it as a challenge. :-)

Randy_KB4QQJ

--- In 4sqrp@..., Joe E wrote:

Are the launchers aware that the 20m qrp cw beacon may be impossible to hear on Saturday due to the ARRL DX contest going on at that time?
Sorry to be the bearer of bad news,  cuz I was looking forward to hearing it here.
73 de K0NEB

Sent from Yahoo! Mail on Android

cornhusker