Topics

crystal sockets or mounting pins

Todd K7TFC

On Sat, Mar 9, 2013 at 8:55 AM, Jim Kortge <jim.k8iqy@...> wrote:

It would seem that longer crystal leads would add a tad of inductance
and quite possibly shift the oscillation frequency down a bit; a few
Hz I'm guessing at most.

On 40 meters, any shift of that sort could be easily swamped by other random factors, including variations in the xtals.

 73,

Todd
K7TFC / Medford, Oregon, USA / CN82ni / UTC-8
QRP (CW & SSB) / EmComm / SOTA / Homebrew / Design

Johnny AC0BQ

Opps same pic twice!
Here is the other shot.
Johnny AC0BQ

On Sat, Mar 9, 2013 at 11:06 AM, Barney <barneyro@...> wrote:

Hi;

I had a hazy memory of that, glad you came up with it Terry.

73

Barney

On 3/9/2013 10:16 AM, WA0ITP wrote:

Check out Chuck's very neat SAVXO crystal socket mounting method.  There's a link to his page on the SAVXO home page.   It's similar to John's idea below and may be directly applicable to the pigrig.  Or just about any rockbound rig.

I love this radio stuff !
72   WAØITP
www.qrpspots.com