Topics

Snow in SE KS

Paul Smith

Hey guys, I am dug out here in Humboldt. I went to the campus with my crew moving snow. There was 6 inches on the flat and some 4 foot drifts. We got most of it cleared and called it a day... I'm going to take a nap and then play radio de Paul N0NBD

Jeremy Utley

Haven't even tried to dig out here in Iola yet.  And my ground-mounted 5BTV won't tune up, so I suspect the snow is covering enough that it's shorting at the feedpoint - oh the troubles of a ground-mounted vertical!  Wish I still had my Ultimax 100 in the air, but pulled it down last fall for a special event station and never have raised it again.  Oh well,

Jeremy, N9PH

On Sun, Mar 24, 2013 at 2:09 PM, PaulS <psmith61@...> wrote:

Hey guys, I am dug out here in Humboldt. I went to the campus with my crew moving snow. There was 6 inches on the flat and some 4 foot drifts. We got most of it cleared and called it a day... I'm going to take a nap and then play radio de Paul N0NBD

Timothy-Allen Albertson <kd0oia@...>

my old running grounds--never lived in Humboldt or Iola---but was born in Parsons
and lived there first 17 yrs of my life--and in eastern KS next 5 until--ironically
enough during my next 28 yrs in 6-Land i saw a lot of snow in Humboldt County
we dont even have 2" here in Iowa--streets are already clear

--
72/73 TIM ALBERTSON KDOIA (ex KG6IRH)