Topics

LC meter E-bay power source

George H. Gates

Connected it to my computer with a USB cable. Seem to work OK. I don't really want to have to hook it to my computer. Wondering what you guys use to power it. Would it be safe to use a wallwart charger thet has the proper connecter on it. Has anyone made a template that can be used to lay out the holes to put it in a enclosure? Tnx George/W2BPI

Todd K7TFC

George,

Any AC/USB plug-in will work fine. This is the kind that has no cord--you just plug a standard USB cable in. I have them in several strategic locations around the house. They seem to be everywhere these days, and pretty cheap.

73,

Todd
K7TFC / Medford, Oregon, USA / CN82ni / UTC-8
QRP (CW & SSB) / EmComm / SOTA / Homebrew / Design

On Thu, Apr 11, 2013 at 8:58 AM, GeorgeG <w2bpi1@...> wrote:

Connected it to my computer with a USB cable. Seem to work OK. I don't really want to have to hook it to my computer. Wondering what you guys use to power it. Would it be safe to use a wallwart charger thet has the proper connecter on it. Has anyone made a template that can be used to lay out the holes to put it in a enclosure? Tnx George/W2BPI

Barney <barneyro@...>

Hi;

���� For mine I used a cell phone charging unit.� It was 5.1 volts DC and it seems to power it fine.� The L/C unit calls for 5.0 Volts DC.�

���� I cut the end off of the charger and installed the 2.1 x 5.5 connector.� Of course, watch the polarity for the plug.

73

Barney

����

1:03 PM, Todd F. Carney / K7TFC wrote:

�
[...]

I have a bunch of them here. Thanks everyone for your responce. Geo/W2BPI

<mailto:w2bpi1@...>> wrote:

Connected it to my computer with a USB cable. Seem to work OK. I
don't really want to have to hook it to my computer. Wondering
what you guys use to power it. Would it be safe to use a wallwart
charger thet has the proper connecter on it. Has anyone made a
template that can be used to lay out the holes to put it in a
enclosure? Tnx George/W2BPI

w1sfr <steverob@...>

Aside from using a usb cable and 5V source, I was wondering if this would work with a couple of AA batteries.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/USB-DC-DC-Converter-3V-to-5V-1A-Adjustable-Step-up-Boost-Power-Supply-Module-/161009096884?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&;hash=item257ce3d8b4

What do you guys think?

Steve, W1SFR