Topics

Four State Order Confirmation


WA0ITP
 

Four State has been providing order confirmation emails for Paypal orders for
some time. But unfortunately it is now a feature of the past. This service was
accomplished by use of an email filter for each kit in the product line, and the
reply was automatic upon receipt of the order.

Recently Paypal has changed the return address on the order receipts to
member@... and now the filter has no visibility of the buyer's email
address. The replies bounce, and of course the buyer never sees them.

Since this would be an impossible task for us to perform in a timely manner
manually, we will no longer be sending order confirmations with future orders.

Please don't flood us with "did you get my order" type of messages. If you have
a Paypal receipt, so do we, and your kit will be shipped asap.

----------------------------------
I love this radio stuff !
72 WA�ITP
www.wa0itp.com
www.4sqrp.com
www.qrpspots.com


Wayne Dillon
 

Huh... so much for progress...
God Bless, Wayne - KC0PMH


On Fri, Apr 12, 2013 at 12:50 PM, WA0ITP <wa0itp@...> wrote:
 

Four State has been providing order confirmation emails for Paypal orders for
some time. But unfortunately it is now a feature of the past. This service was
accomplished by use of an email filter for each kit in the product line, and the
reply was automatic upon receipt of the order.

Recently Paypal has changed the return address on the order receipts to
member@... and now the filter has no visibility of the buyer's email
address. The replies bounce, and of course the buyer never sees them.

Since this would be an impossible task for us to perform in a timely manner
manually, we will no longer be sending order confirmations with future orders.

Please don't flood us with "did you get my order" type of messages. If you have
a Paypal receipt, so do we, and your kit will be shipped asap.

----------------------------------
I love this radio stuff !
72 WAØITP
www.wa0itp.com
www.4sqrp.com
www.qrpspots.com




--
http://www.qsl.net/kc0pmh/   Under construction but please visit anyway.
 
QRP -  EFFICIENCY AND SKILL, NOT POWER. 
 
I'm British by birth but American by CHOICE!

Jesus came to pay a debt He didn't owe because we owe a debt we cannot pay...

The Lord bless you and keep you
The Lord make His face shine upon you, and be gracious unto you
The Lord lift up his contenance upon you and give you peace.

God Bless from Wayne Dillon - KC0PMH

Joshua 24:14-15
2 Cor 5:17
1 Jn 2:17
 

4 State QRP Group NCS - 40m & 160m
4SQRP #95
FPQRP #342 (Flying Pigs QRP Club)
G-QRP-C #11504
NAQCC # 0759
QRP-ARCI #11505
SKCC #1155
SOC #848
30MDG#1176
NEQRP #693
GORC #192


Michael McShan <n5jky@...>
 

Well, instead of needlessly cutting down trees to make paper confirmations, we now avoid needlessly stripping electrons to send email confirmations.

See? Its kinda like being green…. ;-)

72,
Mike N5JKY (who has his PayPal receipt)
OK City

On Apr 12, 2013, at 1:25 PM, Wayne Dillon <wayne.dillon@...> wrote:

 

Huh... so much for progress...
God Bless, Wayne - KC0PMH


On Fri, Apr 12, 2013 at 12:50 PM, WA0ITP <wa0itp@...> wrote:
 

Four State has been providing order confirmation emails for Paypal orders for
some time. But unfortunately it is now a feature of the past. This service was
accomplished by use of an email filter for each kit in the product line, and the
reply was automatic upon receipt of the order.

Recently Paypal has changed the return address on the order receipts to
member@... and now the filter has no visibility of the buyer's email
address. The replies bounce, and of course the buyer never sees them.

Since this would be an impossible task for us to perform in a timely manner
manually, we will no longer be sending order confirmations with future orders.

Please don't flood us with "did you get my order" type of messages. If you have
a Paypal receipt, so do we, and your kit will be shipped asap.

----------------------------------
I love this radio stuff !
72 WAØITP
www.wa0itp.com
www.4sqrp.com
www.qrpspots.com




--
http://www.qsl.net/kc0pmh/   Under construction but please visit anyway.
 
QRP -  EFFICIENCY AND SKILL, NOT POWER. 
 
I'm British by birth but American by CHOICE!

Jesus came to pay a debt He didn't owe because we owe a debt we cannot pay...

The Lord bless you and keep you
The Lord make His face shine upon you, and be gracious unto you
The Lord lift up his contenance upon you and give you peace.

God Bless from Wayne Dillon - KC0PMH

Joshua 24:14-15
2 Cor 5:17
1 Jn 2:17
 

4 State QRP Group NCS - 40m & 160m
4SQRP #95
FPQRP #342 (Flying Pigs QRP Club)
G-QRP-C #11504
NAQCC # 0759
QRP-ARCI #11505
SKCC #1155
SOC #848
30MDG#1176
NEQRP #693
GORC #192



Jeremy Utley
 

Terry - is there anything now included on the emails to identify the person doing the ordering?  Maybe you could use a similar process to update a web page with received orders, and the date they were received.  Heck, with the right setup, kitters could go onto there and indicate the kit has been mailed too!  I have a little experience in doing stuff like that, and could probably do it, if there was enough interest.  Might actually be nice to wipe the rust off my coding skills!

Jeremy, N9PH

On 4/12/2013 12:50 PM, WA0ITP wrote:
 

Four State has been providing order confirmation emails for Paypal orders for
some time. But unfortunately it is now a feature of the past. This service was
accomplished by use of an email filter for each kit in the product line, and the
reply was automatic upon receipt of the order.

Recently Paypal has changed the return address on the order receipts to
member@... and now the filter has no visibility of the buyer's email
address. The replies bounce, and of course the buyer never sees them.

Since this would be an impossible task for us to perform in a timely manner
manually, we will no longer be sending order confirmations with future orders.

Please don't flood us with "did you get my order" type of messages. If you have
a Paypal receipt, so do we, and your kit will be shipped asap.

----------------------------------
I love this radio stuff !
72 WAØITP
www.wa0itp.com
www.4sqrp.com
www.qrpspots.com



Rich Fowler <k8meg@...>
 

Hi Jeremy,

As a kitter, no thanks to "kitters could go onto there and indicate the kit has been mailed too!"  Too many hands required and extra details. The other concern may include privacy.

Kitter QRPoMeter and SAVXO

72,
Rich


--- On Fri, 4/12/13, Jeremy Utley wrote:
Terry - is there anything now included on the emails to identify the person doing the ordering?  Maybe you could use a similar process to update a web page with received orders, and the date they were received.  Heck, with the right setup, kitters could go onto there and indicate the kit has been mailed too!  I have a little experience in doing stuff like that, and could probably do it, if there was enough interest.  Might actually be nice to wipe the rust off my coding skills!

Jeremy, N9PH


Paul Smith
 

Sorry Jeremy, I would have to agree with Rich. Sometimes depending on the publicity I will have ten kits to get addressed and ready for the PO.... Another step would just muddy the water for me.
Thanks
Paul

Sent from my iPad

On Apr 12, 2013, at 7:04 PM, Rich Fowler <k8meg@...> wrote:

 

Hi Jeremy,

As a kitter, no thanks to "kitters could go onto there and indicate the kit has been mailed too!"  Too many hands required and extra details. The other concern may include privacy.

Kitter QRPoMeter and SAVXO

72,
Rich

--- On Fri, 4/12/13, Jeremy Utley <jerutley@...> wrote:
Terry - is there anything now included on the emails to identify the person doing the ordering?  Maybe you could use a similar process to update a web page with received orders, and the date they were received.  Heck, with the right setup, kitters could go onto there and indicate the kit has been mailed too!  I have a little experience in doing stuff like that, and could probably do it, if there was enough interest.  Might actually be nice to wipe the rust off my coding skills!

Jeremy, N9PH