Topics

4S-Link kit received

Jerry AA6KI <jpalsson@...>

I received my 4S-Link kit yesterday, and look forward to the build. I want to thank Jerry Gorrell, W0CLR, for the very nice job of kitting. All parts were present and accounted for.

Thanks too to 4SQRP for making the kit available.

Jerry AA6KI
Tucson

KD4OBQ

Built mine last night and can't figure out where the little feet go ??? Has 4 large feet and 4 small. The large are a no brainer but the little ones have me thinking. Very easy build for a beginner.

Cool looking kit and will have to give it a try tonight.

72
Pat KD4OBQ

AR
How to Sleep Like a Rock
http://thirdpartyoffers.juno.com/TGL3131/517528bab4eca28ba53c8st03vuc

Jim Sheldon

Haven't got mine yet, but from what Jerry told me in an email the big ones are supposed to be the ones used.  Shipping of some of the kits (mine included) was delayed until the big feet arrived as the small ones wouldn't fit right or something.

Jim - W0EB

> Built mine last night and can't figure out where the little feet go
> ??? Has 4 large feet and 4 small. The large are a no brainer but
> the little ones have me thinking. Very easy build for a beginner.
>
> Cool looking kit and will have to give it a try tonight.
>
> 72
> Pat KD4OBQ
>
> AR
> ____________________________________________________________ How to
> Sleep Like a Rock
> Obey this one natural trick to fall asleep and stay asleep all
> night.

> <*> Your email settings:
> Individual Email | Traditional
>
> <*> To change settings online go to:
> (Yahoo! ID required)
>
> <*> To change settings via email:
> 4sqrp-digest@...
> 4sqrp-fullfeatured@...
>
> <*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to: 4sqrp-
> unsubscribe@...

WA0ITP

GM Pat,

Glad you liked the build, it is a cool kit isnt it.

The small feet are as mistake of mine, and they're not needed. I originally
bought them before discovering that they wouldn't provide clearance for the bolt
heads. Rather than spend the time removing them (time was vy tight) the larger
ones were just added to the kit. Not all the kits have both sets.

Pse let us know how you use the interface and how it performs for you.

Have fun...

----------------------------------
I love this radio stuff !
72 WA�ITP

| Built mine last night and can't figure out where the little feet go ??? Has 4
large feet and 4 small. The large are a no brainer but the little ones have me
thinking. Very easy build for a beginner.

| Cool looking kit and will have to give it a try tonight.
|
| 72
| Pat KD4OBQ
|
| AR
| ____________________________________________________________
| How to Sleep Like a Rock
| Obey this one natural trick to fall asleep and stay asleep all night.
| http://thirdpartyoffers.juno.com/TGL3131/517528bab4eca28ba53c8st03vuc

Paul Smith

Terry,
What kind of rig are u using with the 4slink?
I think I will have to buy or build something for SSB.
R U doing ok and getting ready formDayton? Cul Paul
Sent from my iPad

On Apr 22, 2013, at 8:46 AM, "WA0ITP" <wa0itp@...> wrote:

GM Pat,

Glad you liked the build, it is a cool kit isnt it.

The small feet are as mistake of mine, and they're not needed. I originally
bought them before discovering that they wouldn't provide clearance for the bolt
heads. Rather than spend the time removing them (time was vy tight) the larger
ones were just added to the kit. Not all the kits have both sets.

Pse let us know how you use the interface and how it performs for you.

Have fun...

----------------------------------
I love this radio stuff !
72 WAØITP

| Built mine last night and can't figure out where the little feet go ??? Has 4
large feet and 4 small. The large are a no brainer but the little ones have me
thinking. Very easy build for a beginner.

| Cool looking kit and will have to give it a try tonight.
|
| 72
| Pat KD4OBQ
|
| AR
| __________________________________________________________
| How to Sleep Like a Rock
| Obey this one natural trick to fall asleep and stay asleep all night.
| http://thirdpartyoffers.juno.com/TGL3131/517528bab4eca28ba53c8st03vuc

Paul Smith

Sorry guys I got caught with the reply button again de Paul

Sent from my iPad

On Apr 22, 2013, at 6:01 PM, Paul Smith <psmith61@...> wrote:

Terry,
What kind of rig are u using with the 4slink?
I think I will have to buy or build something for SSB.
R U doing ok and getting ready formDayton? Cul Paul
Sent from my iPad

On Apr 22, 2013, at 8:46 AM, "WA0ITP" <wa0itp@...> wrote:

GM Pat,

Glad you liked the build, it is a cool kit isnt it.

The small feet are as mistake of mine, and they're not needed. I originally
bought them before discovering that they wouldn't provide clearance for the bolt
heads. Rather than spend the time removing them (time was vy tight) the larger
ones were just added to the kit. Not all the kits have both sets.

Pse let us know how you use the interface and how it performs for you.

Have fun...

----------------------------------
I love this radio stuff !
72 WAØITP

| Built mine last night and can't figure out where the little feet go ??? Has 4
large feet and 4 small. The large are a no brainer but the little ones have me
thinking. Very easy build for a beginner.

| Cool looking kit and will have to give it a try tonight.
|
| 72
| Pat KD4OBQ
|
| AR
| __________________________________________________________
| How to Sleep Like a Rock
| Obey this one natural trick to fall asleep and stay asleep all night.
| http://thirdpartyoffers.juno.com/TGL3131/517528bab4eca28ba53c8st03vuc

KD4OBQ

Hey Terry

This one had me stumped. Couldn't get it working, RX worked just great and have good waterfall but the TX was were the problems started. I usually use the VOX on the rig and tried that first but no luke, just hum going into the rig. Hooked up the old interface I have been using and all is working fine.

Took the new interface apart and the audio out (going to the Mic in on the rig) is actually on the Ring instead of the Tip as the TIP is for the PTT as I was going by the manual. Actually I use the same setup on my microphones (Tip/audio, Ring/PTT). I will give it another go tonight and see if I am successful.

Funny thing is that the interface I built a few years is similar to this one except the pots are setup for the monitor speaker and not the Mic input and used the isolation transformers out of an old computer network card.

I'll let ya know how I make out

72
Pat KD4OBQ