Topics

TTF

WA0ITP

I was only out for a little over 2 hrs, clouds blocked out the sun and it got
pretty cool for an old guy. Good first outing for the portable equipment tho.

The bands werent vy good, weak signals and noisy. I tried 40M but spent most of
the time on 20, and all the contacts were on 20M. Made 25 contacts including
7 SOTA contacts. I heard W2M but couldnt work it, but I did get W5O, and had a
mini pile up going around noon, 5 or 6 stations.

There were many horse folks in the park today, some with mules, man they are
noisy. There were lots of riders on the trails, and it was neat listening to
the animals. Several hikers came by to see what was up and wanted to know how
far away I had made contact. I was using a powered speaker and one lady wanted
to know what was wrong with my radio :o)

Lotsa fun. That picnic table in the primitive camping area is like an old
friend, and is a great place to play radio.

My log isn't anywhere near competitive, but I'll make up a page for the portable
ops page. Thanx to all who listened for me, I hope we made contact. If not
maybe next time.

----------------------------------
I love this radio stuff !
72 WA�ITP

Kelly E

Terry,

I tried and tried to get ya... QSB took you out and you were just about a 229 at times. :-)

Don't know if you heard my 2 watts on 20 or not. Was 84F here in Orlando, band was fair, I got to give a few folks a point or two but nothing outstanding. Think you made more contacts than I did despite my being out about 3 times longer.

Had a great time in the sun and by the lake watching the critters and jet skiers playing.

72,
Kelly K4UPG

On 4/27/2013 5:39 PM, WA0ITP wrote:

[...]

72 WAØITP

Hey Terry
FB on the outing !
I could hear the stations working u, but I couldn't hear you. I had gud luck  at home, qsb was deep but the events sure were fun!
Randy it was good to work you as always.

72 tnx
JOHNNY AC0BQ

Larry Makoski <w2lj@...>

On 4/27/2013 5:39 PM, WA0ITP wrote:

I was only out for a little over 2 hrs, clouds blocked out the sun and it got
pretty cool for an old guy. Good first outing for the portable equipment tho.

Thanks for the QSO Terry!  It was great hearing you.  I only made 17 myself. I had to cut it short in order to come home and mow the lawn.

73 de Larry W2LJ
--
73 de Larry W2LJ
QRP - When you care to send the very least!

http://w2lj.blogspot.com/
http://www.w2lj.qrpradio.com/

Michael Murphy

Terry,

I saw that you were on and looked for you on 20 and 40 but no joy.

See you next Wednesday on the net.

72

Mike - KI8R

On Sat, Apr 27, 2013 at 5:39 PM, WA0ITP <wa0itp@...> wrote:

[...]

Michael Murphy - KI8R

mike@...

twitter.com/ki8r

www.ki8r.com

614-371-8265 (cell)

4SQRP #388
QRPARCI #14941
NAQCC #6432
FLYING PIGS #3100
KX3 #3254

WA0ITP

You bet Larry,

I was really pleased to hear you call me, always great to work a long time on the air friend.

I did some yard work when I came home also.  I should have taken a nap :o)

72 es ttul

----------------------------------
I love this radio stuff !
72   WAØITP

I was only out for a little over 2 hrs, clouds blocked out the sun and it got
pretty cool for an old guy. Good first outing for the portable equipment tho.

Thanks for the QSO Terry!  It was great hearing you.  I only made 17 myself. I had to cut it short in order to come home and mow the lawn.

73 de Larry W2LJ
--
73 de Larry W2LJ
QRP - When you care to send the very least!

http://w2lj.blogspot.com/
http://www.w2lj.qrpradio.com/

Paul Smith

I could hear people working u but couldn't hear u. Maybe next time de Paul

Sent from my iPad

On Apr 27, 2013, at 4:39 PM, "WA0ITP" <wa0itp@...> wrote:

[...]

Nick-WA5BDU

I decided to try the Ozark Highlands Trail, which intersects HWY 7 about 40 miles north of Russellville.

It wouldn't stop raining and there was no shelter, so I was confined to the truck.
I'm not made of sugar, but my KX3 is and I wasn't going to get it wet.

After the lightning seemed to have moved on, I fired up a line and pulled up my 33 foot EFHW.  I figured all the fireworks would make 40M unusable, so I didn't try the 66 footer.  Pulled the coax into the truck and was on the air.

I just stayed a bit over two hours.  Made 30 QSOs.  It was good to be able to go after the FQP stations and SOTA stations in addition to the TTF guys.

Here's the Ozark Highlands Trail, for you hikers:

72,

Nick, WA5BDU