Topics

No piggy's heard on 7030.7

George H. Gates

Been over 4 days and I have not heard any PigRigs. Did they go to the slaughter house? Geo/W2BPI

Stephen Roberts <steverob@...>

Ha! Too much monitoring and not enough CQing. I left my big rig on 7030.7 for hours and didn't hear squat.

Steve
W1SfR

Sent from my iPad

On May 1, 2013, at 4:38 PM, "GeorgeG" <w2bpi1@...> wrote:

Been over 4 days and I have not heard any PigRigs. Did they go to the slaughter house? Geo/W2BPI

George H. Gates

I have called CQ by the hour With my PicoKeyer. Only replys were QRO stations. 72 George/W2BPI

--- In 4sqrp@yahoogroups.com, "GeorgeG" <w2bpi1@...> wrote:

Been over 4 days and I have not heard any PigRigs. Did they go to the slaughter house? Geo/W2BPI

Tom - NG3V

THE SLAUGHTER HOUSE.  NO!!! OH, THE HUMANITY!!!

Please say it isn't so.  My piggy has been quiet because I'm building a new sty - one I KNOW she will enjoy, and just haven't had time to complete it.

Steve is right, 'though, if everyone just listens to 70307, no one will hear anything.  An occasional CQ is always a good way to not miss an opening.

Tom - 121

On Wed, May 1, 2013 at 4:38 PM, GeorgeG <w2bpi1@...> wrote:

Been over 4 days and I have not heard any PigRigs. Did they go to the slaughter house? Geo/W2BPI

Julio Jimenez <ak4vl.qrp@...>

"Oh the humanity"....haha touché.

On Wednesday, May 1, 2013, Thomas Skinner wrote:

THE SLAUGHTER HOUSE.  NO!!! OH, THE HUMANITY!!!

Please say it isn't so.  My piggy has been quiet because I'm building a new sty - one I KNOW she will enjoy, and just haven't had time to complete it.

Steve is right, 'though, if everyone just listens to 70307, no one will hear anything.  An occasional CQ is always a good way to not miss an opening.

Tom - 121

On Wed, May 1, 2013 at 4:38 PM, GeorgeG <w2bpi1@...> wrote:

Been over 4 days and I have not heard any PigRigs. Did they go to the slaughter house? Geo/W2BPI

Wendell Morrill

I am calling cq now.....
Also posted some photos on the yahoo 4sq site.
Oops, I hear something, really faint....
Wendell N7WM

"Oh the humanity"....haha touch�.

On Wednesday, May 1, 2013, Thomas Skinner wrote:

**

THE SLAUGHTER HOUSE. NO!!! OH, THE HUMANITY!!!

Please say it isn't so. My piggy has been quiet because I'm building a
new sty - one I KNOW she will enjoy, and just haven't had time to
complete
it.

Steve is right, 'though, if everyone just listens to 70307, no one will
hear anything. An occasional CQ is always a good way to not miss an
opening.

Tom - 121

On Wed, May 1, 2013 at 4:38 PM, GeorgeG
<w2bpi1@aol.com<javascript:_e({}, 'cvml', 'w2bpi1@aol.com');>
wrote:
**

Been over 4 days and I have not heard any PigRigs. Did they go to the
slaughter house? Geo/W2BPI

random.path

I called a couple of days ago and got Terry WA0ITP. He was the first piggie QSO, though I've had several other non-piggie responses to my CQs.

If you want to find out if your piggie is getting out, check the Reverse Beacon Network for your callsign after calling CQ. Hopefully you'll see a number of stations with your s/n ratio. If that all looks good, well I guess your pig is being ignored!

Chip
AE5KA

--- In 4sqrp@yahoogroups.com, "GeorgeG" <w2bpi1@...> wrote:

Been over 4 days and I have not heard any PigRigs. Did they go to the slaughter house? Geo/W2BPI

George H. Gates

Never been one to jusy listen. I call CQ untill I get results. Over 25 QSO'S today, but no piggies. All in answer to my CQ and mostly 599 reports. I think I am getting out. What a fun rig!! 72 Geo/W2BPI