Topics

Parts source sought

nm0s_qrp <ai9e_qrp@...>

Hello 4SQRPers!

I could use a bit of assistance tracking down a source for ferrite rods or loopstick antennas. I'd like to be able to obtain at least 100. Amidon has rods, but are pretty expensive. Anyone have a favorite surplus or import source I should check out?

Thanks

73 Dave NM0S

Robert 'RC' Conley <rc.kc5wa@...>

--
enjoy the day

Robert 'RC' Conley <rc.kc5wa@...>

On Thu, May 2, 2013 at 9:52 AM, Robert 'RC' Conley <rc.kc5wa@...> wrote:

On Thu, May 2, 2013 at 9:47 AM, nm0s_qrp <ai9e_qrp@...> wrote:

Hello 4SQRPers!

I could use a bit of assistance tracking down a source for ferrite rods or loopstick antennas. I'd like to be able to obtain at least 100. Amidon has rods, but are pretty expensive. Anyone have a favorite surplus or import source I should check out?

Thanks

73 Dave NM0S

--
enjoy the day

--
enjoy the day

Jim Kortge

On 5/2/2013 10:47 AM, nm0s_qrp wrote:
Hello 4SQRPers!

I could use a bit of assistance tracking down a source for ferrite rods or loopstick antennas. I'd like to be able to obtain at least 100. Amidon has rods, but are pretty expensive. Anyone have a favorite surplus or import source I should check out?

Thanks

73 Dave NM0S
I'd check with Rex at QRPme to see if his China connection can get something like that. Other than that, probably eBay from one of the sellers. Maybe negotiate a lower price with 100 unit quantity.

72,

Jim, K8IQY

Phil Anderson

Hi Dave,

Here's a long shot that might be fun. I read some time ago about a guy in Montana that gathered up the raw material and then molded his own large rods. Don't recall the url but you might try a google search on such.

Uncle Phil.

stu_ki6j <ki6mwn@...>

John C. Demuth - K8CQA

Dave,

Here is a link to some nice ferrite bar cores only (no coils are wound on them).  While priced for 50, the price is decent; just double it for your 100.  I have got some with my last order, and they seem like nice units.  I haven't gotten around to using them yet, so I cannot give you a performance review.

Good Luck in your venture!

72 de John - K8CQA

http://www.goldmine-elec-products.com/prodinfo.asp?number=G19076B