Topics

Hello From Dayton and Netbook Audio

WA0ITP

Hello from the Holiday Inn in Fairborn. Just unloaded the car and am ready for the festivities. If you are attending FDIM pse stop by the Four State table. I brought a representative sample of ou8it kits including the new Cyclone transceiver (thanks to strong work by KB9JLO.

As a special treat I have 200 bags of microwave popcorn which are free for the taking. Jolly Time popcorn is located in Sioux City Iowa, and they made me a special price. So come pick up a bag, my treat.

I'm listening to a baseball game on my grand daughter's netbook and can hardly stand the audio quality. Just wondering has anyone else else experienced this? Were you able to improve ot? Powered speaker maybe?

btw N0NBD says it takes a strong man to use a pink computer, think I'll look for some camo tape :o)

72 Terry WAØITP

Walter - K5EST

A pink computer calls for Bacon Dogs!
< http://shine.yahoo.com/shine-food/bacon-dogs-are-here--thanks--oscar-mayer-162544849.html>

Sometimes earbuds are better than the Netbook speakers. I know you wouldn't leave home without them!

73....Walter . K5EST

Johnny AC0BQ

Ge Terry and Walter!
You guys are having too much fun already!
First of all Terry the FP group would be proud of you!
As for the Pink, the cowboys down here wear pink shirts for Cancer awareness at some Rodeos!
72
Enjoy FDIM and Dayton!
Johnny AC0BQ

On Tuesday, May 14, 2013, wrote:

Hello from the Holiday Inn in Fairborn. Just unloaded the car and am ready for the festivities. If you are attending FDIM pse stop by the Four State table. I brought a representative sample of ou8it kits including the new Cyclone transceiver (thanks to strong work by KB9JLO.

As a special treat I have 200 bags of microwave popcorn which are free for the taking. Jolly Time popcorn is located in Sioux City Iowa, and they made me a special price. So come pick up a bag, my treat.

I'm listening to a baseball game on my grand daughter's netbook and can hardly stand the audio quality. Just wondering has anyone else else experienced this? Were you able to improve ot? Powered speaker maybe?

btw N0NBD says it takes a strong man to use a pink computer, think I'll look for some camo tape :o)

72 Terry WAØITP

Paul Smith

Hello Terry, a pink computer is dandy. Some cao tape would be cool tho he he he have a good and safe one de Paul N0NBD

Sent from my iPad

On May 14, 2013, at 8:08 PM, wa0itp@... wrote:

Hello from the Holiday Inn in Fairborn. Just unloaded the car and am ready for the festivities. If you are attending FDIM pse stop by the Four State table. I brought a representative sample of ou8it kits including the new Cyclone transceiver (thanks to strong work by KB9JLO.

As a special treat I have 200 bags of microwave popcorn which are free for the taking. Jolly Time popcorn is located in Sioux City Iowa, and they made me a special price. So come pick up a bag, my treat.

I'm listening to a baseball game on my grand daughter's netbook and can hardly stand the audio quality. Just wondering has anyone else else experienced this? Were you able to improve ot? Powered speaker maybe?

btw N0NBD says it takes a strong man to use a pink computer, think I'll look for some camo tape :o)

72 Terry WAØITP

Jeremy Utley

On 5/14/2013 8:08 PM, wa0itp@... wrote:

I'm listening to a baseball game on my grand daughter's netbook and can hardly stand the audio quality. Just wondering has anyone else else experienced this? Were you able to improve ot? Powered speaker maybe?

I've had that problem on the wife's Aspire one back when I used to watch video streams on it.  A set of powered computer speakers does make a world of difference.  I have a set that came with my eMachines desktop that actually get their power from the USB port of the computer that do pretty good, but any set of reasonable powered speakers should do fine.

Enjoy yourself at Dayton!  I myself have a big 8-ball pool tournament this weekend, and then going camping at Eisenhower State Park over Memorial Day weekend.  That reminds me, I need to ask the advice of the guys on the list here - I'll do a second email for that!

Jeremy, N9PH

Wayne Dillon

FB Terry,
My wife is a big fan of the popcorn, maybe the enticement to go to Dayton next year??? As for the cammo tape, well don't take it out on Field day and put it down someplace... :)
God Bless and have a grand ole' time.
72/3 de Wayne - KC0PMH

On Tue, May 14, 2013 at 8:08 PM, <wa0itp@...> wrote:

Hello from the Holiday Inn in Fairborn. Just unloaded the car and am ready for the festivities. If you are attending FDIM pse stop by the Four State table. I brought a representative sample of ou8it kits including the new Cyclone transceiver (thanks to strong work by KB9JLO.

As a special treat I have 200 bags of microwave popcorn which are free for the taking. Jolly Time popcorn is located in Sioux City Iowa, and they made me a special price. So come pick up a bag, my treat.

I'm listening to a baseball game on my grand daughter's netbook and can hardly stand the audio quality. Just wondering has anyone else else experienced this? Were you able to improve ot? Powered speaker maybe?

btw N0NBD says it takes a strong man to use a pink computer, think I'll look for some camo tape :o)

72 Terry WAØITP

QRP -  EFFICIENCY AND SKILL, NOT POWER.

The Lord bless you and keep you

God Bless from Wayne Dillon - KC0PMH

Joshua 24:14-15
2 Cor 5:17
1 Jn 2:17

4 State QRP Group NCS - 40m & 160m
4SQRP #95
FPQRP #342 (Flying Pigs QRP Club)
G-QRP-C #11504
NAQCC # 0759
QRP-ARCI #11505
SKCC #1155C
SOC #848
30MDG#1176
NEQRP #693
GORC #192

WA1EDJ

Terry,
     Is the Cyclone Transceiver going to be offered by 4SQRP as a kit.   Answers I got last time I asked ranged from yes to doubtful.  I'd like to here it from a reliable source...( you! )
TNX....Wish I was there!....Bob....WA1EDJ

On Tue, May 14, 2013 at 9:08 PM, <wa0itp@...> wrote:
Hello from the Holiday Inn in Fairborn. Just unloaded the car and am ready for the festivities.  If you are attending FDIM pse stop by the Four State table.  I brought a representative sample of ou8it kits including the new Cyclone transceiver (thanks to strong work by KB9JLO.

As a special treat I have 200 bags of microwave popcorn which are free for the taking. Jolly Time popcorn is located in Sioux City Iowa, and they made me a special price. So come pick up a bag, my treat.

I'm listening to a baseball game on my grand daughter's netbook and can hardly stand the audio quality.  Just wondering has anyone else else experienced this?   Were you able to improve ot?  Powered speaker maybe?

btw N0NBD says it takes a strong man to use a pink computer, think I'll look for some camo tape :o)

72 Terry WAØITP

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to: