Topics

Rain gage is flooded

WA0ITP

I wish it were last Spring. We're gettin waay too much rain. My rain gage goes
to 6" and has overflowed with the rain since Friday. BIG boomers every morning
this weekend and again today. I have 2 small ditches in the back yard which are
flooding, as is a large ditch in the neighbors back yard. This one is ~10 feet
wide. The street is curb to curb and this is the only place in the state that
has rain. Must be a message there. My ants have been unhooked all weekend and
I'm having radio withdrawal. Cmon sunshine. Last Spring was drier and far
more pleasant.

----------------------------------
I love this radio stuff !
72 WA�ITP

* On 2013 28 May 06:41 -0500, WA0ITP wrote:
I wish it were last Spring. We're gettin waay too much rain. My rain
gage goes to 6" and has overflowed with the rain since Friday. BIG
boomers every morning this weekend and again today. I have 2 small
ditches in the back yard which are flooding, as is a large ditch in
the neighbors back yard. This one is ~10 feet wide. The street is
curb to curb and this is the only place in the state that has rain.
Must be a message there. My ants have been unhooked all weekend and
I'm having radio withdrawal. Cmon sunshine. Last Spring was drier
and far more pleasant.
From one extreme to the other, eh?

We went under tornado warning last night around 9:40 and the John Deere
dealership three miles west of town was hit but a truss manufacturer
just east of there was "leveled" according to my brother who was out
with the township fire deptartment assessing damage. I understand that
several homes about a mile and a half northwest of town were struck.
That's a little too close, thank you very much!

My gauge shows 1.6" this morning and I suspect it was heavier to the
west of the tornado track.

I'll be happy with a few quiet months now!

72, de Nate >>

Dale Putnam

I was about to wish for a bit of rain here... but Nate has a convincing point.. maybe I'd better be happy with
a bit of dry, just now.
Will keep praying that all is well, and no one gets hurt. Although the current forecasts indicate maybe a
eye to the sky would be warranted today. Stay safe.
Good Luck

We've had a couple of scattered T-showers here.. less than .2 inch from both.

Have a great day,

--... ...-- Dale - WC7S in Wy

To: 4sqrp@...
From: n0nb@...
Date: Tue, 28 May 2013 06:56:14 -0500
Subject: Re: [4sqrp] Rain gage is flooded

* On 2013 28 May 06:41 -0500, WA0ITP wrote:
> I wish it were last Spring. We're gettin waay too much rain. My rain
> gage goes to 6" and has overflowed with the rain since Friday. BIG
> boomers every morning this weekend and again today. I have 2 small
> ditches in the back yard which are flooding, as is a large ditch in
> the neighbors back yard. This one is ~10 feet wide. The street is
> curb to curb and this is the only place in the state that has rain.
> Must be a message there. My ants have been unhooked all weekend and
> I'm having radio withdrawal. Cmon sunshine. Last Spring was drier
> and far more pleasant.

From one extreme to the other, eh?

We went under tornado warning last night around 9:40 and the John Deere
dealership three miles west of town was hit but a truss manufacturer
just east of there was "leveled" according to my brother who was out
with the township fire deptartment assessing damage. I understand that
several homes about a mile and a half northwest of town were struck.
That's a little too close, thank you very much!

My gauge shows 1.6" this morning and I suspect it was heavier to the
west of the tornado track.

I'll be happy with a few quiet months now!

72, de Nate >>

Woody Hester

Same story in Central Illinois Terry. Conditions you describe are almost identical. We have a line of trees along our backyard that has so many singing tree frogs in it they keep us awake. Sounds like a jungle out there! Fortunately, my 6-BTV (which is guyed) survived high winds yesterday (close to 60mph). Woody / WD9F

--- In 4sqrp@yahoogroups.com, "WA0ITP" <wa0itp@...> wrote:

I wish it were last Spring. We're gettin waay too much rain. My rain gage goes
to 6" and has overflowed with the rain since Friday. BIG boomers every morning
this weekend and again today. I have 2 small ditches in the back yard which are
flooding, as is a large ditch in the neighbors back yard. This one is ~10 feet
wide. The street is curb to curb and this is the only place in the state that
has rain. Must be a message there. My ants have been unhooked all weekend and
I'm having radio withdrawal. Cmon sunshine. Last Spring was drier and far
more pleasant.

----------------------------------
I love this radio stuff !
72 WAØITP

Tim N9PUZ

I'm on the other side of town from Woody. Tornado touched down 1-1.5 miles North of us last night. No bad damage here but there are about 1,000 homes in the area with no power. Our phone and Internet was out for several hours and is still having periodic problems.

Tim N9PUZ

--- In 4sqrp@yahoogroups.com <mailto:4sqrp%40yahoogroups.com>, "WA0ITP"
<wa0itp@...> wrote:

> I wish it were last Spring. We're gettin waay too much rain. My rain
gage goes
> to 6" and has overflowed with the rain since Friday. BIG boomers
every morning
> this weekend and again today. I have 2 small ditches in the back yard
which are
> flooding, as is a large ditch in the neighbors back yard. This one is
~10 feet
> wide. The street is curb to curb and this is the only place in the
state that
> has rain. Must be a message there. My ants have been unhooked all
weekend and
> I'm having radio withdrawal. Cmon sunshine. Last Spring was drier and
far
> more pleasant.
>
> ----------------------------------
> I love this radio stuff !
> 72 WA�ITP
> www.wa0itp.com
> www.4sqrp.com

Phil Anderson

Hey Woody, Terry, Tim......

Same heavy rain here in Kansas; we got 2 inches. Suspect we sent it your way; SW to NE. Thanks for the reminder Woody; I need to "guy" my SteppIR vertical; it's 33 feet up and spec says will handle 60 mph winds; hm...we'll see. I have it secured to the eve at ten feet, so guessing it will be AOK.

Best of luck on Field Day gentlemen! Uncle Phil.

--- In 4sqrp@..., "WA0ITP"
  wrote:

  >  I wish it were last Spring. We're gettin waay too much rain. My rain
gage goes
  >  to 6" and has overflowed with the rain since Friday. BIG boomers
every morning
  >  this weekend and again today. I have 2 small ditches in the back yard
which are
  >  flooding, as is a large ditch in the neighbors back yard. This one is
~10 feet
  >  wide. The street is curb to curb and this is the only place in the
state that
  >  has rain. Must be a message there. My ants have been unhooked all
weekend and
  >  I'm having radio withdrawal. Cmon sunshine. Last Spring was drier and
far
  >  more pleasant.
  >
  >  ----------------------------------
  >  I love this radio stuff !
  >  72 WAØITP
  >  www.wa0itp.com
  >  www.4sqrp.com

<*>  Your email settings:
     Individual Email | Traditional

<*>  To change settings online go to:
     (Yahoo! ID required)

<*>  To change settings via email:
     4sqrp-digest@...
     4sqrp-fullfeatured@...

<*>  To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:

<*>  Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
     http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

Donald Kelly

A couple of days without the threat of thunderstorms has let Oklahoma City dry out a little. The wet WX must have moved North.

I don’t have a rain gage but the lakes are full around the city.

It has been overcast, windy and cool all day. My kind of WX (under 90 deg).

It will be hot before we know it though.

73, Don K5UOS