Topics

help with 4slink

Paul Daulton

I purchased a 4slink at Branson and assembled it and set aside until I finished my MST400. I checked it for rec on digipan and fldigi and it worked ok on rec, Now I have tried to transmitt I find it will not key.

T1 and T2 were marked with a black stripe on one side I assumed to be the primary . My circuit board does not agree with the schematic. J1 is MIC/PTT J2 is speaker J3 is speaker J4 is MIC J5 is key. I mounted the t1 and t2 with the black stripe pointing to c1 and c3. Have I installed the t1 and t2 backwards?

I didnt catch the descrepancy on the jacks as all were the same.

Schemaatic I have is dated 1/26/2013.

Comments welcome.

Paul Daulton K5WMS
beacon WMS 185.302 khz qrss30/slow 24/7
Jacksonville,Ar 72076
em34wu

Johnny AC0BQ

Ga Paul
I just pulled the top off of mine and my trans. Have a P on that side, and yes they are mounted toward c1 and c3.
Let me look at the schematic, I think your problem is with the pin out of one of the jacks either j3 or J4.
The key up out put is not where you think it is!
Be back soon!
Johnny AC0BQ

On Saturday, June 1, 2013, Paul Daulton wrote:

I purchased a 4slink at Branson and assembled it and set aside until I finished my MST400. I checked it for rec on digipan and fldigi and it worked ok on rec, Now I have tried to transmitt I find it will not key.

T1 and T2 were marked with a black stripe on one side I assumed to be the primary . My circuit board does not agree with the schematic. J1 is MIC/PTT J2 is speaker J3 is speaker J4 is MIC J5 is key. I mounted the t1 and t2 with the black stripe pointing to c1 and c3. Have I installed the t1 and t2 backwards?

I didnt catch the descrepancy on the jacks as all were the same.

Schemaatic I have is dated 1/26/2013.

Comments welcome.

Paul Daulton K5WMS
beacon WMS 185.302 khz qrss30/slow 24/7
Jacksonville,Ar 72076
em34wu

Johnny AC0BQ

ok Paul
This may be where you problem is?
The Key Jack is J5 and uses tip and sleve for its connection to key up the rig, It is used I think as a mic/PTT relay?

The mic Jack is J3 and the output pins on it are the TIP and the RING but not the sleeve.
I was building a cable for my radio and It would not work till I figured this out!
take a look at this and see if it helps you.
Good Luck
Johnny AC0BQ