SS-40 Survey -- rant about Priority Mail tracking

Chris Howard w0ep

Um, a comment from the peanut gallery.

USPS Priority mail has "delivery confirmation".
It is not a tracking number.

They don't lose things very often, but when they
do they will tell you that there is no tracking
as the item moves through their system. If it is
never delivered then the "delivery confirmation"
is worthless.

I've had that happen. They actually went to
a lot of effort to try to find my lost package.
But it was the same as if it were just a dumb
package.

Delivery confirmation is useful in being able to
discern if the customer is lying or if the
package really got lost. That it will do.

sorry, bit of a rant...

Chris

On 6/26/2013 10:26 PM, WA0ITP wrote:

HI Todd, Thanx for asking.

The original price was $62 including shipping. Due to component cost increases we'll probably have to fix the new kit's price at approx $60, maybe a bit more, plus shipping. The reason I'm not firm on the price is that we haven't purchased components or boards for the SS-40 in some time, and costs have increased, some considerably. We always try to contain the costs as much as possible however.

DX shipping in particular has skyrocked, so we feel we have to break out shipping costs separately. We'll be using Priority mail since it provides a tracking number.

Thanx again and hope this helps.

Real radios weigh less than a pound.
I love this radio stuff !
72 WA0ITP