Google+ Hangouts

bobby rolph

About a month ago I added a bunch of 4State members to my QRP Radio circle. I am wondering how many of us Google+ members use Hangouts? We could start having a weekend project show and tell or use hangouts for teaching each other how to learn and use things such as LT Spice or antenna modeling software just to mention a few. Let me know what you all think about this and any other ways the group members could benefit from Hangouts.
72 de kb4qnr
Bobby Rolph

Charlie Vest

Although I do have a Google account and signed up with a few members from this group , as of yet I have not taken the time to become familiar with its features .

The hangout idea sounds good to me .

Basically I am an old analog guy , plus an old time glowbug guy .

However I do as much building and experimenting as I can find time for and still make a few contacts . I try very hard to make a few contacts every day now . No one specific mode or specific band . In fact I have spent so much time designing and building various projects over the past 5 or 6 years , I actually did very little actual on the air operating . I do run beacons both part 15 and ham band , plus MEPT's for QRSS and WSPR .

When I looked at how empty the log was for making two way contacts I decided that it was once again time for me to once again become involved in on the air operation . I have been a ham for 48 years this year , after being licensed when I was age 12.

Never in all that time did I chase ANY pieces of paper or certificates of any kind . So I set up LOTW and bought another logging program and started with number zero , with my intent now to collect all of the paper possible on any band in any mode from 160 meters through 432 MHz. including 222 MHz.

I am having an absolute ball now !! Still have a LOT of pending antenna projects since my "main" station antenna right now is a G5RV up 30 feet . I am even using it on 6 meters and worked 4 "new" states with it this morning on 6 ,  under my rebirth :)

Always interested in learning more and would love to learn more about some of the design software from some of the younger people out there .

IF you hear me on , it is VERY likely that I need your state , county , or grid now on some mode on some band(s).

73, Charlie , W5COV

About a month ago I added a bunch of 4State members to my QRP Radio circle. I am wondering how many of us Google+ members use Hangouts? We could start having a weekend project show and tell or use hangouts for teaching each other how to learn and use things such as LT Spice or antenna modeling software just to mention a few. Let me know what you all think about this and any other ways the group members could benefit from Hangouts.
72 de kb4qnr
Bobby Rolph

Wayne Dillon

I also have Google+ so a quick "Hangouts 101" from someone already using it would be appreciated.
Bobby, sounds good to me, could be a tertrific resource.
72/3 es God Bless de Wayne - KC0PMH

On Mon, Jul 8, 2013 at 5:47 PM, kb4qnr <rolph981@...> wrote:

72 de kb4qnr
Bobby Rolph

--
http://www.qsl.net/kc0pmh/   Under construction but please visit anyway.

QRP -  EFFICIENCY AND SKILL, NOT POWER. 

I'm British by birth but American by CHOICE!

Jesus came to pay a debt He didn't owe because we owe a debt we cannot pay...

The Lord bless you and keep you
The Lord make His face shine upon you, and be gracious unto you
The Lord lift up his contenance upon you and give you peace.

God Bless from Wayne Dillon - KC0PMH

Joshua 24:14-15
2 Cor 5:17
1 Jn 2:17

4 State QRP Group NCS - 40m & 160m
4SQRP #95
FPQRP #342 (Flying Pigs QRP Club)
G-QRP-C #11504
NAQCC # 0759
QRP-ARCI #11505
SKCC #1155C
SOC #848
30MDG#1176
NEQRP #693
GORC #192

bobby rolph

If you have a webcam and a microphone on your computer all you have to do is add members to your circles on G+ and when one of those members is online the same time as your are you can choose to start a hangout with each other and have as many as ten people in each video chat at a time. It's like Go to Meeting only free.

Bobby

On Tue, Jul 9, 2013 at 7:13 AM, Wayne Dillon <wayne.dillon@...> wrote:
I also have Google+ so a quick "Hangouts 101" from someone already using it would be appreciated.
Bobby, sounds good to me, could be a tertrific resource.
72/3 es God Bless de Wayne - KC0PMH

On Mon, Jul 8, 2013 at 5:47 PM, kb4qnr <rolph981@...> wrote:

72 de kb4qnr
Bobby Rolph

--
http://www.qsl.net/kc0pmh/   Under construction but please visit anyway.

QRP -  EFFICIENCY AND SKILL, NOT POWER. 

I'm British by birth but American by CHOICE!

Jesus came to pay a debt He didn't owe because we owe a debt we cannot pay...

The Lord bless you and keep you
The Lord make His face shine upon you, and be gracious unto you
The Lord lift up his contenance upon you and give you peace.

God Bless from Wayne Dillon - KC0PMH

Joshua 24:14-15
2 Cor 5:17
1 Jn 2:17

4 State QRP Group NCS - 40m & 160m
4SQRP #95
FPQRP #342 (Flying Pigs QRP Club)
G-QRP-C #11504
NAQCC # 0759
QRP-ARCI #11505
SKCC #1155C
SOC #848
30MDG#1176
NEQRP #693
GORC #192

Phil Anderson

Hey Bobby, that sounds interesting. I've used GOTOMEETING FOR PRESENTATIONS BEFORE. I'LL CHECK OUT HANGOUTS AND GOOGLE  +

TNX & 73, Uncle Phil, W0XI

Bobby Rolph wrote:

If you have a webcam and a microphone on your computer all you have to
do is add members to your circles on G+ and when one of those members
is online the same time as your are you can choose to start a hangout
with each other and have as many as ten people in each video chat at a
time. It's like Go to Meeting only free.

Bobby

Jeremy Utley

I use Google Hangouts all the time for work.  As a remote employee, we do daily hangouts to colloborate with other members of the team.  It's a really nice tool!

Jeremy, N9PH

On 7/9/2013 1:07 PM, Phil Anderson wrote:

Hey Bobby, that sounds interesting. I've used GOTOMEETING FOR PRESENTATIONS BEFORE. I'LL CHECK OUT HANGOUTS AND GOOGLE  +

TNX & 73, Uncle Phil, W0XI

Bobby Rolph wrote:

If you have a webcam and a microphone on your computer all you have to
do is add members to your circles on G+ and when one of those members
is online the same time as your are you can choose to start a hangout
with each other and have as many as ten people in each video chat at a
time. It's like Go to Meeting only free.

Bobby