Google+ Hangouts

bobby rolph

About a month ago I added a bunch of 4State members to my QRP Radio circle. I am wondering how many of us Google+ members use Hangouts? We could start having a weekend project show and tell or use hangouts for teaching each other how to learn and use things such as LT Spice or antenna modeling software just to mention a few. Let me know what you all think about this and any other ways the group members could benefit from Hangouts.
72 de kb4qnr
Bobby Rolph

Charlie Vest

Although I do have a Google account and signed up with a few members from this group , as of yet I have not taken the time to become familiar with its features .

The hangout idea sounds good to me .

Basically I am an old analog guy , plus an old time glowbug guy .

However I do as much building and experimenting as I can find time for and still make a few contacts . I try very hard to make a few contacts every day now . No one specific mode or specific band . In fact I have spent so much time designing and building various projects over the past 5 or 6 years , I actually did very little actual on the air operating . I do run beacons both part 15 and ham band , plus MEPT's for QRSS and WSPR .

When I looked at how empty the log was for making two way contacts I decided that it was once again time for me to once again become involved in on the air operation . I have been a ham for 48 years this year , after being licensed when I was age 12.

Never in all that time did I chase ANY pieces of paper or certificates of any kind . So I set up LOTW and bought another logging program and started with number zero , with my intent now to collect all of the paper possible on any band in any mode from 160 meters through 432 MHz. including 222 MHz.

I am having an absolute ball now !! Still have a LOT of pending antenna projects since my "main" station antenna right now is a G5RV up 30 feet . I am even using it on 6 meters and worked 4 "new" states with it this morning on 6 ,  under my rebirth :)

Always interested in learning more and would love to learn more about some of the design software from some of the younger people out there .

IF you hear me on , it is VERY likely that I need your state , county , or grid now on some mode on some band(s).

73, Charlie , W5COV

About a month ago I added a bunch of 4State members to my QRP Radio circle. I am wondering how many of us Google+ members use Hangouts? We could start having a weekend project show and tell or use hangouts for teaching each other how to learn and use things such as LT Spice or antenna modeling software just to mention a few. Let me know what you all think about this and any other ways the group members could benefit from Hangouts.
72 de kb4qnr
Bobby Rolph

Wayne Dillon

I also have Google+ so a quick "Hangouts 101" from someone already using it would be appreciated.
Bobby, sounds good to me, could be a tertrific resource.
72/3 es God Bless de Wayne - KC0PMH

On Mon, Jul 8, 2013 at 5:47 PM, kb4qnr <rolph981@...> wrote:

About a month ago I added a bunch of 4State members to my QRP Radio circle. I am wondering how many of us Google+ members use Hangouts? We could start having a weekend project show and tell or use hangouts for teaching each other how to learn and use things such as LT Spice or antenna modeling software just to mention a few. Let me know what you all think about this and any other ways the group members could benefit from Hangouts.
72 de kb4qnr
Bobby Rolph

QRP -  EFFICIENCY AND SKILL, NOT POWER.

The Lord bless you and keep you

God Bless from Wayne Dillon - KC0PMH

Joshua 24:14-15
2 Cor 5:17
1 Jn 2:17

4 State QRP Group NCS - 40m & 160m
4SQRP #95
FPQRP #342 (Flying Pigs QRP Club)
G-QRP-C #11504
NAQCC # 0759
QRP-ARCI #11505
SKCC #1155C
SOC #848
30MDG#1176
NEQRP #693
GORC #192

bobby rolph

If you have a webcam and a microphone on your computer all you have to do is add members to your circles on G+ and when one of those members is online the same time as your are you can choose to start a hangout with each other and have as many as ten people in each video chat at a time. It's like Go to Meeting only free.

Bobby

On Tue, Jul 9, 2013 at 7:13 AM, Wayne Dillon <wayne.dillon@...> wrote:
[...]

Phil Anderson

Hey Bobby, that sounds interesting. I've used GOTOMEETING FOR PRESENTATIONS BEFORE. I'LL CHECK OUT HANGOUTS AND GOOGLE  +

TNX & 73, Uncle Phil, W0XI

Bobby Rolph wrote:

If you have a webcam and a microphone on your computer all you have to
do is add members to your circles on G+ and when one of those members
is online the same time as your are you can choose to start a hangout
with each other and have as many as ten people in each video chat at a
time. It's like Go to Meeting only free.

Bobby

Jeremy Utley

I use Google Hangouts all the time for work.  As a remote employee, we do daily hangouts to colloborate with other members of the team.  It's a really nice tool!

Jeremy, N9PH