Topics

Brutus Dates

WA0ITP

What's everyone think about scheduling the Brutus outing on Sept 7 and 8?  The first weekend is Memorial Day weekend and we probably don't want to conflict with that, family picnics, etc.

----------------------------------
Real radios weigh less than a pound.
I love this radio stuff !
72   WA0ITP

Hello Terry
Sounds great to me.
I will check the calendar and get it scheduled!
Cu all there,
Johnny AC0BQ

Sent from my iPad

On Jul 10, 2013, at 8:27 PM, "WA0ITP" <wa0itp@...> wrote:

What's everyone think about scheduling the Brutus outing on Sept 7 and 8?  The first weekend is Memorial Day weekend and we probably don't want to conflict with that, family picnics, etc.

----------------------------------
Real radios weigh less than a pound.
I love this radio stuff !
72   WA0ITP

ka0ncr

Hi Terry,

I would prefer it to be a week later, if possible. If it was a week
later, it would be on my weekend off, and it would be much nicer
to not have to take all most a weeks vacation (36 hours worth) to
get Friday, Saturday and Sunday nights off.

I haven't talked to Joe K0NEB lately, but if I can talk him in to going I suspect that he will want to have it on the date you have picked.. Will have to talk to him this weekend if he shows up at the QRP "lark in the Park" our group is having this weekend.
I have offered him the loan of one of my other tents and camping stuff.. so will have to see what he says this weekend. Unless he replies here... Joe?

Mike, NF0N , is not sure as of the last time we talked. He is getting a new knee as soon as he gets back from a week long bike ride across Wisconsin the 2nd week of August. He's not sure how well he will be feeling by the time it rolls around.

I will have to put in for vacation time soon, so the sooner the better as far as picking a date goes! Just have to know for sure.

73 - Arnie KA0NCR

--- In 4sqrp@..., "WA0ITP" <wa0itp@...> wrote:

What's everyone think about scheduling the Brutus outing on Sept 7 and 8? The first weekend is Memorial Day weekend and we probably don't want to conflict with that, family picnics, etc.

----------------------------------
Real radios weigh less than a pound.
I love this radio stuff !
72 WA0ITP

Walter - K5EST

Guess I was thinking its the 2nd weekend, 14th & 15th of September.

Honestly don't matter to me.

All we need is good winds for kite antenna flying and super propagation.

Will get it in the QRP Banner upcoming events as soon as its firmed up.

72...Walter . K5EST

On Jul 10, 2013 7:29 PM, "WA0ITP" <wa0itp@...> wrote:

What's everyone think about scheduling the Brutus outing on Sept 7 and 8?  The first weekend is Memorial Day weekend and we probably don't want to conflict with that, family picnics, etc.

----------------------------------
Real radios weigh less than a pound.
I love this radio stuff !
72   WA0ITP

WA0ITP

GM Walter,

You're right we did settle on the 2nd weekend, and the 14th 15th is the 2nd full weekend.  Lookling at the calendar I saw that the 8th was the 2nd Sunday and jumped the gun.

What say guys?  How does the 14th and 15th work for you?

----------------------------------
Real radios weigh less than a pound.
I love this radio stuff !
72   WA0ITP

Guess I was thinking its the 2nd weekend, 14th & 15th of September.

Honestly don't matter to me.

All we need is good winds for kite antenna flying and super propagation.

Will get it in the QRP Banner upcoming events as soon as its firmed up.

72...Walter . K5EST

On Jul 10, 2013 7:29 PM, "WA0ITP" <wa0itp@...> wrote:

What's everyone think about scheduling the Brutus outing on Sept 7 and 8?  The first weekend is Memorial Day weekend and we probably don't want to conflict with that, family picnics, etc.

----------------------------------
Real radios weigh less than a pound.
I love this radio stuff !
72   WA0ITP

ka0ncr

Hi Terry, and the group....

The week later would be a bit better for me. I will
use less vacation if it is that weekend. I would probably
plan on coming down a day or so early, and set up tent
and help string up antennas if needed.

Talked with Joe, K0NEB and he will not be able to make it as
he has other commitments.

Will have to see how Mike, NF0N is doing by that time... He might
or he might not. Depends on how his knee is doing.

Anyhow.. I will vote for the 14-15th..

And, for Uncle Phil.. while the site has good facilities inside, last year the attendants
were locking the building up when they went home and one would have to use a "very interesting" kybo. I think I might just bring a toilet seat
on legs and after dark use it "over the fence". (only partly joking)

Only thing you would have to look out for is the 'yotes. They
were howling about what sounded like 1/4 mile down at the section corner..one of the nights. I forget which.

Kind of creepy feeling to hear them. Would hate to meet them
while on a mission out to the grass-lands..

Maybe we can talk the site manager into locking the rest of the building and leaving the door to the thunder-mug's open?

[...]

Phil Anderson

Arnie..............don't worry about the coyots; they're great. When I lived on the Rhombic Farm west of Lawrence, we heard them
all the time. The male would bark and then the XYLs would yip. I noticed pairs or groups of domesticated dogs in town sometimes do the same.
Dog DNA I guess. My schedule is not set yet but hoping to do Brutis.

Uncle Phil

PS: Off to the Gulf Coast in a couple of weeks. Geezer on the beach with the grandkids.....72!

ka0ncr wrote:

And, for Uncle Phil.. while the site has good facilities inside, last
year the attendants
were locking the building up when they went home and one would have to
use a "very interesting" kybo. I think I might just bring a toilet seat
on legs and after dark use it "over the fence". (only partly joking)

Only thing you would have to look out for is the 'yotes. They
were howling about what sounded like 1/4 mile down at the section
corner..one of the nights. I forget which.

_,_._,___

Timothy-Allen Albertson <kd0oia@...>

i used the howl with them when i lived in Humboldt County
72/73 TIMOTHY-ALLEN ALBERTSON
AMATEUR RADIO CALL SIGN:    KDOIA/(ex KG6IRH)
US AIR FORCE MARS CALL SIGN:    AFA7BT/T

ka0ncr wrote:

And, for Uncle Phil.. while the site has good facilities inside, last
year the attendants
were locking the building up when they went home and one would have to
use a "very interesting" kybo. I think I might just bring a toilet seat
on legs and after dark use it "over the fence". (only partly joking)

Only thing you would have to look out for is the 'yotes. They
were howling about what sounded like 1/4 mile down at the section
corner..one of the nights. I forget which.

_,_._,___

Johnny AC0BQ

Works for me!

On Thursday, July 11, 2013, WA0ITP wrote:

[...]

Paul Smith

I used to have to go on a coyote eradication every couple years when we lived on my farm west of town.... The coyotes would get thick and brave and try to get my chickens and goats.... Me and my sons would thin them out and they would move off a ways.....looking forward to Brutus... Toodles will probably be with me..... If I can talk her into it......

de Paul N0NBD

Sent from my iPad