Topics

Brutus Dates

WA0ITP

What's everyone think about scheduling the Brutus outing on Sept 7 and 8?  The first weekend is Memorial Day weekend and we probably don't want to conflict with that, family picnics, etc.

----------------------------------
Real radios weigh less than a pound.
I love this radio stuff !
72   WA0ITP

Jim Sheldon

Sounds good to me Terry.  Wife will be retired by that time so we ought to be able to make it.  Don't have any camping equipment so are there any fairly decent motels in the area?

Jim - W0EB

> What's everyone think about scheduling the Brutus
> outing on Sept 7 and 8?  The first weekend is Memorial Day weekend
> and we probably don't want to conflict with that, family picnics,
> etc.   ---------------------------------- Real radios weigh less
> than a pound. I love this radio stuff ! 72  WA0ITP www.wa0itp.com
> www.4sqrp.com

Paul Smith

Sounds good to me... If I can't camp ill come down to visit and play.

de Paul N0NBD

Sent from my iPad

On Jul 10, 2013, at 7:28 PM, "WA0ITP" <wa0itp@...> wrote:

What's everyone think about scheduling the Brutus outing on Sept 7 and 8?  The first weekend is Memorial Day weekend and we probably don't want to conflict with that, family picnics, etc.

----------------------------------
Real radios weigh less than a pound.
I love this radio stuff !
72   WA0ITP

WA0ITP

Hi Jim,

Yes, Pittsburg is 22 miles away and has lots of good motels and restaurants.

----------------------------------
Real radios weigh less than a pound.
I love this radio stuff !
72   WA0ITP

Sounds good to me Terry.  Wife will be retired by that time so we ought to be able to make it.  Don't have any camping equipment so are there any fairly decent motels in the area?

Jim - W0EB

> What's everyone think about scheduling the Brutus
> outing on Sept 7 and 8?  The first weekend is Memorial Day weekend
> and we probably don't want to conflict with that, family picnics,
> etc.   ---------------------------------- Real radios weigh less
> than a pound. I love this radio stuff ! 72  WA0ITP www.wa0itp.com
> www.4sqrp.com

Jeremy Utley

Sounds good to me too!  I'm actually planning to camp this year.  Maybe by then I'll have the new KX3 I'm saving up for, but if not, I'll bring the 817.  Have a new portable antenna I'm getting ready to build too - first deployment will be in a couple weeks at Toronto State Park when WA6CML and I go camping.  Basing the new antenna on this setup by KC8VWM:  http://www.eham.net/articles/21744  Just need to track down some smaller gauge wire to wind into the reels (all I have hanging around is 14AWG, and I want to fit enough in there to get a full size 80m dipole if possible.  Will try to take pictures of the setup during the trip!

Jeremy, N9PH
Iola, KS

On 7/10/2013 7:28 PM, WA0ITP wrote:

What's everyone think about scheduling the Brutus outing on Sept 7 and 8?  The first weekend is Memorial Day weekend and we probably don't want to conflict with that, family picnics, etc.

----------------------------------
Real radios weigh less than a pound.
I love this radio stuff !
72   WA0ITP

Wayne Dillon

Hey jeremy,
how much and what gauge wire d you need?
Wayne - KC0PMH

On Thu, Jul 11, 2013 at 12:57 AM, Jeremy Utley <jerutley@...> wrote:

[...]

QRP -  EFFICIENCY AND SKILL, NOT POWER.

The Lord bless you and keep you

God Bless from Wayne Dillon - KC0PMH

Joshua 24:14-15
2 Cor 5:17
1 Jn 2:17

4 State QRP Group NCS - 40m & 160m
4SQRP #95
FPQRP #342 (Flying Pigs QRP Club)
G-QRP-C #11504
NAQCC # 0759
QRP-ARCI #11505
SKCC #1155C
SOC #848
30MDG#1176
NEQRP #693
GORC #192

Bruce Winkelman <bdwink@...>

If you're a fan of fried chicken, you can't do better than Chicken Annie's (some will say Chicken Mary's!). When my mother-in-law was still with us (she lived in Parsons, KS), we always made it to Chicken Annie's Annex just south of Pittsburg any time we visited. Their onion rings are the best I've ever had!!!

Not sure if I can make it to Big Brutus but ya' never know!

72/73
Bruce AA5CO

(Will be getting my Cyclone 40 (Ol' #52) from Ed WG5F this weekend. Thanks, again Ed!)

Phil Anderson

Please excuse my ignorance...........but where is this Brutis Machine...........saw pics of it once.....
and are their bathrooms there? Hi....

Uncle Phil, W0XI